Job title: Front Desk Associate
Reports to: Resort Operations Manager
The primary objective of this position is to provide guests outstanding customer service.
The Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort (MLR) is a 32 unit Motel located along a picturesque, sandy beach on Lake Tahoe’s north shore. The Resort includes 20 monthly rental units, an Ice Cream shop, and laundry. MLR provides various sport activities, numerous beach amenities and walking/hiking paths. The Resort is located at 6,250 feet above sea level in a rural mountainous area. The business is family run with Mediterranean flair (our family is Greek-American). This role will be filled by those individuals who demonstrate a strong command of the English language, a
desire for direct and phone-based interaction with guests, and strong customer service skills. Compensation is higher for this role as duties include serving our guests, ensuring all supporting operations are running smoothly, and promoting the business.
Duties and responsibilities
Front Desk Staff are responsible for guest hospitality. Staff addresses inquiries over the phone, the web, or in person regarding the resort and surrounding amenities. They take reservations using AutoClerk Property Management software, show rooms, check guests in and out, run the nightly audit, deal with discrepancies, prepare the maid and maintenance lists, supervise the laundry room, accept monthly rents, maintain journals and filing. The position also requires contacting arriving guests in advance of arrival via phone and text and providing concierge services as well as capture guest intelligence. Position requires working in the laundry room and if necessary, out in the rooms–performing housekeeping tasks and many of the basic maintenance tasks ascribed to grounds keeping. The Desk Staff is responsible for accurate record keeping and maintaining a clean and organized front desk and office.
- First and foremost the position requires a courteous and friendly “can do” attitude toward our guests. There are no exceptions to this required skill
- Able to convey local knowledge regarding events, lake activities, scenic sites, sports, dining to guests and visitors (prospective guests)
- Attention to detail and pride of work. There are specific procedures and controls that must be followed to ensure all transactions are properly completed. Documentation must be complete, neat, and to the customer’s satisfaction
- Proactively identifies tasks to be completed during assigned shift (laundry, back office)
- A good working knowledge of Excel, Word and e-mail applications, organizational skills and the ability to supervise others in a positive and effective manner
- Effectively discuss, respond, and represent questions from guests, and clients
- Attention to Resort ambiance (cleanliness of lobby, front desk), ensure resort music is on and at
- Effective communication with housekeeping, maintenance
- Strong vendor interaction skills (ability to effectively communicate problems, effectuate service)
- Must be prepared and able to handle the occasional challenging guest.
Sales and Marketing
- Effective, strong sales presence—able to describe resort benefits, promote “specials,” and accurately convey pricing
- Knowledge of AutoClerk PMS or equivalent property management software is a plus.
- Comfortable with promoting the resort over the phone to guests and business associates
Administration and Technology
- Manage adequate office, laundry, and utility supply
- Operate standard office equipment including: multi-line phone system, printers, faxes, computer
- Basic knowledge of maintenance in resort rooms: adjusting TV setting, changing batteries, replacing light bulbs
- Cash handling and controls—proper journal entries
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve practical problems
- Liaise and assist Ice Cream Shop Manager
- Thorough knowledge of all safety and security protocols/processes
- Can identify and locate all safety and security equipment—ensuring that all items are operational
- Ensure proper safety and security protocol is followed to provide best possible safety to guests and employees.
- Ability to calculate figures, discounts, interest rates, percentages
- Ability to read analyze, interpret technical procedures, business and professional journals.
Desired Personal Qualities
- Professional appearance and demeanor mirroring clientele
- Must be an outstanding team player and leader that supports all team members
- Exemplifies and demand high performance from oneself as well as the resort staff
- Comfortable with all resort activities that pass through the front desk
- A willingness to work variable shifts and with short notic
- React coolly to difficult situations, emergencies, and potentially stressful environments
- Previous Front Desk or Concierge experience a plus
- HS diploma, GED or equivalent
- Intuitive approach to prospective customers and ability to “read” or anticipate customers’ needs
- Hospitality Degree desired, business or other related studies, a plus.
- High visibility and autonomy–providing many opportunities for innovative leadership and resourceful management.
- Physical requirements- No heavy objects
Phone: (530) 546-9500
Fax: (530) 546-2744