Boasting a shoreline glittering with the gemstones of its namesake, Carnelian Bay is a beautiful lakeside community. Carnelian Bay (originally “Cornelian Bay”), named in 1860 for the Chalcedony (semi-precious red and yellow stones) found on its shoreline, has a background steeped in marine, resort and recreational history. Carnelian Bay features wide-open lake views, restaurants, mini-golf, dog-friendly beaches, a marina at Sierra Boat Company where classic wooden boats are on display and in action, and easy kayak, paddleboard and boating launch areas. Enjoy an unforgettable breakfast at Waterman’s Landing and for delicious lunch and dinner eats, check out local favorite, CB’s Bistro. Don’t forget to stop by Gar Woods Grill & Pier for fun-in-the-sun atmosphere at their premier waterfront dining destination. Showcasing the nostalgic ambiance of Tahoe’s classic wooden boat era while enjoying Tahoe’s warm days on the waterfront deck.
History & Community
- Don’t miss the Snowfest Polar Bear Swim in early March. Prizes and food specials in addition to chilly entertainment.
- Sip on a world-famous Wet Woody on the sun-drenched deck of Gar Woods Grill and Pier.
- Enjoy the smooth rock beach at Patton Landing – dogs are welcome here.
- Stroll to and relax on the flat and sandy Carnelian Bay Beach and watch beautiful wooden boats come in and out of Sierra Boat Company
- Rent a paddleboard, kayak, or outrigger canoe at Waterman’s Landing and enjoy Lake Tahoe from a different perspective.
- Enjoy live music at CB’s Bistro every Wednesday from 6-9pm.
- Mini-golf with friends.
- Be a spectator or race participant in the Tahoe Cup Paddle Race Series.
- Watch North Lake Tahoe’s Firework Spectacular on Labor Day weekend.