Home to the historic stomping grounds of the Rat Pack, Crystal Bay is yet another beautiful lakeside community where visitors can find fabulous dining, music, and plenty of chance to test your luck at the tables. Crystal Bay’s shoreline is covered with stunning granite boulders that reach down 1,645 feet to the deepest part of the Lake in the middle of the bay. In 1927, entrepreneur Norman Henry Biltz came to Lake Tahoe creating subdivisions in Crystal Bay, and built the Crystal Bay and Cal Neva Lodges, Hotels and casinos continued to be built well into the 1950′s. In the 1960′s, Frank Sinatra owned the Cal Neva for a period, where famous entertainers appeared on stage. Today, downtown Crystal Bay features 3 bustling casinos as well as a variety of lodging, restaurants, live entertainment and spas.
History & Community
- Enjoy Passport to Dining, the annual food and beverage tasting event at the Tahoe Biltmore on Thursday in November.
- Hike to Lookout Point for spectacular Lake Tahoe views (take Reservoir Drive to second right at Lakeview Avenue, stay left at the Y on Lakeview. Continue .6 miles to the fire road entrance on the left).
- THE spot for nightlife and live music at Tahoe Biltmore and Crystal Bay Club casinos (and the historic Cal-Neva, which is closed for renovations).
- Bike or hike the Flume Trail.
- Enjoy the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival at Sand Harbor in one of the world’s most scenic outdoor amphitheaters.
- Try your luck at blackjack, craps, roulette, slots, and more at the local casinos: Jim Kelley’s The Nugget, Tahoe Biltmore, and Crystal Bay Casino.
- Drive along the east shore of Lake Tahoe and stop to walk among the iconic east shore boulders.
- Book a Thunderbird Lodge tour with Tahoe Adventure Company and you can get there by kayak.
- Cross country ski or snowshoe at Spooner Lake.
- Bring your camera and visit the Lake Tahoe Overlook on Mount Rose Hwy 431.
- Picnic, fish, kayak, paddleboard, boat, relax, and explore Sand Harbor State Park.
- Enjoy The Soule Domain, a North Lake Tahoe favorite for upscale, intimate dining which deliciously combines style & romance with incredible food.