Part-Time Promotional Products Operations and Marketing Support Team Member
Reno Tahoe Promotions (RTP) (started in May 2008) focuses on distributing decorated (silk screened and embroidered) soft-products and apparel; hard products (i.e. often referred to as customized or logoed gifts, giveaways, and swag), some paper products, displays, etc., in and around the Reno, Truckee and North Lake Tahoe region.
We build meaningful relationships with people, business owners, customers, team members, and partners, with similar values of honesty, transparency, compassion, philanthropic philosophy, caring and trust. Clear, frequent, and consistent communication is key to the success of each project.
Reno Tahoe Promotions is seeking a Promotional Products Operations and Marketing Support Team Member to provide administrative and operational support. They will be responsible for communications, tracking projects, marketing effort input and implementation, website updates and suggestions on improvements, assisting with events and networking, and delivering excellent customer experiences. Duties can be conducted virtually, so long as the systems and applications have been updated on their computer or tablet successfully. In-person meetings/trainings will be required a minimum of two times a month, in Reno or Carnelian Bay office.
Looking for friendly, customer-focused individuals who value integrity, accountability, collaboration and communication, to join our team.
- Good and clear communication and speaking skills
- Ability to ask questions when need clarification
- Positive attitude about tasks being completed, and when around vendors and customers
- Open minded, interest and experience in learning new skills and perspectives
- Ability to participate in general business practice and customer service correspondence
- Possess a clear understanding and ability to operate the following programs/applications: Microsoft word, excel, email.
- General Awareness and understanding of Linkedin, Facebook, and Instagram
- Works independently and as a member of a team
- Current Driver’s License/Insurance/Registered Vehicle and Ability to drive to and from pickup and deliveries, meeting locations, and two office locations (Reno and Carnelian Bay).
- Ability to produce high quality work with accuracy and attention to detail (this is expected to be something that is worked on for improvement in perpetuity)
- Own or have access to an up to date and efficiently operating computer or tablet, with Wifi capability, that runs the business management system and CRM programs.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Order Tracking and Follow-through to Delivery
- Assist Owner and representative with processing product options, quotes, and invoices for customers
- Office Duties (occasionally at Carnelian Bay office) including filing, organizing, etc.
- Social Media posting
- Assist with Marketing and Advertising
- Attend Networking events
- Learn the basic skills to working for, and with, a promotional products distributor company.
- Intern position with flexible hours. 8-10 hours a week to start, $12.00 per hour
- Potential to move into a part-time, regular position based on productivity following internship. Potential for commissioned sales with experience.
Applicant must submit the following by January 4, 2019 to Jeannette Halderman, email@example.com – subject line – Operations and Marketing Support Application for:
- Resume (must include email, mailing address and phone number)
- Cover letter showing meet Required Qualifications
- Writing sample (Minimum 400 words) on Topic Question “What do you hope to gain by interning at Reno Tahoe Promotions?”
Interview: Week of January 7, 2019 for selected applications
Notification of Acceptance by January 16, 2019
Start Position: January 21, 2019
Description of Salary: $12 per hour
Start date: January 8, 2019 or shortly thereafter
Contact Person: Jeannette Halderman, firstname.lastname@example.org