Job Listing: Diamond Peak Lead Mighty Mights Ski Coach (4-5 month contract)
The Diamond Peak Ski Education Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization whose mis-sion is to provide a year-round program to develop each athlete’s skill, grit, and integrity and to inspire and empower each of their athletes to achieve their personal goals in athletics and life. Located on the shores of Lake Tahoe, this unique and special community is surrounded by mountains offering hundreds of miles of hiking and biking trails, dozens of beaches, world-renown downhill, and Nordic skiing and snow sports of all kinds. In addition, there are many nationally recognized Lake Tahoe events, including music festivals, concerts, food pairings, and sporting events that take place each season.
The Lead Mighty Mite Coach is responsible for all the management and day-to-day operations for the entire Mighty Mite program of 80 athletes and 8 staff/coaches. This is a 40 hours week, 4/5-month salaried position, reporting directly to the Program Director.
Summary of Duties:
• Mighty Mites (MM) is a 10-week long weekend and Wednesday, Thursday program for 6 to 9-year-olds, focusing on ski fundamentals and building a love for the sport.
• Work directly with the Program Director and Head Coach to create a creative, fun, learningbased ski program and progression. • Communicate and manage MM staff. • Communicate with the athlete’s families on scheduling and the program format.
• Communicate the MM training philosophy and goals. Ensure consistency of all MM groups, appropriate goal setting, development plans, and athlete feedback. Ensure a consistent theme and skills progression throughout the different groups.
• Communicate the team behavior philosophy and ensure adherence to this philosophy.
• Provide a monthly report to the Program Director on key activities, the status of the pro-gram, and additional resources required.
• The applicant needs to have related experience managing and operating a team and be familiar with ski team operations and organization. Education or experience in childcare or early childhood education is recommended as well as a passion for teaching children. Strong communication, leadership, and management skills, as well as collaborative decision-making ability, are desired. Communication with staff, parents, athletes and other coaches is paramount. The ability to work under pressure and unassisted will be necessary.
To apply, please include your current resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position.