Celebrate your love this February in North Lake Tahoe
There is something magical about North Lake Tahoe in the winter, and Valentine’s Day is no exception. Grab your significant other, friends, and family for a day of love, lakeside.
For the Foodies
- Organize a progressive dinner and hop to all your favorite spots. Order a cocktail at Gar Woods, followed by appetizers at Jason’s Beachside Grille, a meal at Soule Domain, and don’t forget dessert! Order one thing at each place to share. Make sure you come hungry.
- Spend the night in and pick up everything you need to make a meal at home. Tahoe Central Market, La Mexicana, and Safeway will have everything you need.. including flowers. Recreate a favorite dish or try something new.
- Spice up the night will a Mexican Dinner at Caliente! or Las Panchitas. Both offer happy hour specials throughout the week.
- For a unique dining experience, reserve a seat at Northstar’s Mountain Table Dinner on Friday, February 16th. Lovebirds can enjoy one-of-a-kind bites and sips at an elevation of 7,910 feet as prepared by Napa Valley vintner Charles Krug.
- Enjoy Breakfast in bed. Whip up something or order from Kings Cafe or Spindleshanks. Don’t forget the coffee!
For the Adventurers
- Attend Trivia or Bingo night at Alibi Ale Works, or head to their taproom and play some board games. The more, the merrier.
- Check out the Crystal Bay Casino for live music and shows. With an eclectic ever revolving lineup, there is something for everyone.
- Spend a day on the slopes. Cozy up on a chairlift at Northstar California with your S.O. and don’t miss Tost, a free champagne celebration at 2pm off of East Ridge. After, head down to the Village and sunggle up around the fire pits for Apres and maybe some ice skating and a S’more.
- Cold days, clear skies and a whisper of wind are perfect conditions for fishing on Lake Tahoe. Mickey’s Big Mack Charters can take you out for the optimal season to fish the many varied species of trout on Lake Tahoe — Mackinaw, Brown, Kokanee and Rainbow, to name a few.
- Pick up a microphone and sing some Karaoke at The Grid Bar & Grill. Every Thursday and Sunday night. Belt out some love ballads.. or break up songs.
- Get a tattoo. Solidify your love in ink and head to Lucky 7 Tattoo & Piercing for a Valentine’s Day you will always remember.
For the Outdoor Enthusiasts
Explore the outdoors together and go on a hike. Being outside is known to boost happiness, and being together will make it even better. If you’re a Tahoe Rim Trail Association member, check out their Sunset Sweetheart Trek.
- Rent snowshoes from Lakeshore & Willard’s Sports Shop and go on an adventure or enjoy one of the many full moon snowshoe tours through Tahoe Adventure Company, Sierra State Parks, or Northstar.
- Get your wetsuit on and enjoy a winter paddleboarding session at Waterman’s Landing. Once you’ve worked up an appetite, head to CB’s Bistro and enjoy live music on Wednesdays.
- Grab a blanket and head to a vista point to watch Lake Tahoe in all its glory with a sunset or sunrise. The night and morning sky in the winter deserves your full attention.
- Create a North Lake Tahoe scavenger hunt. Hide clues along your favorite trails, beaches, and any other sentimental NLT spot, then let the hunt begin!
For the Health & Wellness Gurus
Try a couples workout and head to Stay Gold Fitness & Athletics because as you know, the couple that sweats together, stays together
Take a yoga class together. North Lake Tahoe has some of the best teachers around. Head to Well Being, or Lake Tahoe Wellness Center.
- Sign up for a class or workshop at Tahoe Flow Arts Studio. Aerial Arts, yoga, and dance classes will have you performance ready in no time.
- Enjoy a massage or facial and feel pampered at Well Being Massage & Skin Care or North Lake Massage & Skin Care.
For the R&R Experts
- Treat yourself to a haircut, blowout, or beauty treatment at Transformations Salon.
- Snuggle up indoors with North Lake Tahoe Valentine’s Day Lodging specials such as Mourelatos Romance Package or The Crown Resort Valentines Special
- Cozy Fire pit anyone? Grab a cocktail and enjoy the ambiance at Soule Domain, Jason’s, or Spindleshanks
- Get in the competitive spirit and watch the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- Enjoy a night at the symphony and head to a Tahoe Symphony Concert with TOCCATA.
- Check out a book from your local library. The Kings Beach Library can get books from all Placer County Library branches.
For the Philanthropists
Attend the Black Ties & Tails Gala presented by the Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe. Get tickets now because they sell out fast.
Volunteer and be a part of giving back to this community we love. Project MANA, Sierra Senior Services, and Boys & Girls Club can always use a hand. View our Non-Profit Directory for a list of NTBA non-profit members.