There is something magical about North Lake Tahoe in the winter, and Valentine’s Day is no exception. It’s the perfect opportunity to gather your loved ones—whether that’s your significant other, friends, or family—and immerse yourselves in winter wonderland that is North Lake Tahoe.
From breathtaking vistas to cozy hideaways, North Lake Tahoe offers a plethora of activities and experiences to make this Valentine’s Day truly memorable. Whether you’re snuggled up by a roaring fireplace, taking a romantic stroll through a snow-covered forest, or indulging in delicious cuisine at one of the area’s charming eateries, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Continuing reading for some adventurous, relaxing, and romantic ways to enjoy North Lake Tahoe on Valentine’s Day, or any day this winter! Plan your next date night!
- Organize a progressive dinner and hop to all your favorite spots. Order a cocktail at Gar Woods, followed by appetizers at Jason’s Beachside Grille, a meal at Soule Domain, and don’t forget dessert! Order one thing at each place to share. Make sure you come hungry.
- Spend the night in and pick up everything you need to make a meal at home. Tahoe Central Market, La Mexicana, and Safeway will have everything you need… including flowers. Recreate a favorite dish or try something new.
- Does sipping wine by the fire and amongst the barrell sound romantic? We sure think so! Book a wine tasting at Truckee River Winery
- Spice up the night with a Mexican dinner at Caliente! or Las Panchitas. Both offer happy hour specials throughout the week.
- Host a catered dinner party for friends and family with Brimm’s, A Catering Company, and D’Lish Catering.
- Enjoy Breakfast in bed. Whip up something or order from Pep’s Place or Spindleshanks. Don’t forget the coffee!
- Get creative and find some friends to help create an entry in the Kings Beach SnowFest! Parade on March 9 Trucks, trailers, art cars, golf carts, and walking units are all welcome!
- Attend Trivia or Bingo Night at Alibi Ale Works, or head to their taproom and play some board games. The more, the merrier.
- Check out the Crystal Bay Casino for live music and shows. With an eclectic ever revolving line-up, there is something for everyone.
- Spend a day on the slopes. Cozy up on a chairlift or at the lodge at Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe. Head to Northstar California with your S.O. and don’t miss tōst, a free champagne celebration at 2pm off of East Ridge. Treat your sweetie like a princess on “Disney Express” at Sugar Bowl Resort
- Pick up a microphone and sing some karaoke at The Grid Bar & Grill. Every Thursday and Sunday night. Belt out some love ballads… or break up songs.
- Get a tattoo. Solidify your love in ink and head to Lucky 7 Tattoo & Piercing for a Valentine’s Day you will always remember.
Explore the outdoors together and go on a hike. Being outside is known to boost happiness, and being together will make it even better. If you’re a Tahoe Rim Trail Association member, check out their Sunset Sweetheart Trek.
- Rent snowshoes from Tahoe Dave’s Skis & Boards and go on an adventure or enjoy one of the many full moon or twilight snowshoe tours through Tahoe Adventure Company, Sierra State Parks Foundation, or Northstar California.
- Slide around on my skinny skis with your love at the North Tahoe Regional Park in Tahoe Vista. With over 15 km of groomed trails and easy to advanced trails! Dogs are allowed, so don’t leave your four legged friend behind!
- Grab a blanket and head to a vista point to watch Lake Tahoe in all its glory with a sunset or sunrise. The night and morning sky in the winter deserves your full attention.
- Create a North Lake Tahoe scavenger hunt. Hide clues along your favorite trails, beaches, and any other sentimental NLT spot, then let the hunt begin!
Try a couples workout and head to Tahoe Flow Arts & Fitness because as you know, the couple that yogas together, stays together. On Valentine’s Day, bring a friend to a Yoga – Vinyasa or Restorative. Show your admiration through sweat, and get someone you care about moving!
- Sign up for a class or workshop at Tahoe Fitness Loft & Tahoe Core Pilates Barre, pilates, barre, and cycling classes will have you performance ready in no time.
- Enjoy a massage and feel pampered at Well Being or go a little deeper with acupuncture treatment at Lake Tahoe Wellness Center
- Let go of negative energy and feel lighter with Energy Healing Sessions at 5th Element Healing Center, relieve the stresses of the day with Reiki Tahoe
- Snuggle up indoors at North Lake Tahoe’s Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort or Ferrari’s Crown Motel Resort.
- Cozy Fire pit anyone? Grab a cocktail and enjoy the ambiance at Soule Domain, Jason’s, or Spindleshanks.
- Check out a book from your local library. The Kings Beach Library can get books from all Placer County Library branches.
- Create something with the Chickadee Art Collective classes. Upcoming workshops include; watercolor anatomical heart, illustrative desert landscape, and negative space zentangle.
- Enjoy a night at the symphony and head to a Tahoe Symphony Concert with TOCCATA.
- Check out a performance at the Kings Beach Fox Cultural Hall. Save the date for upcoming performances, here