5th Annual Wild & Scenic Film Festival — Live Virtual Event
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2020 | 6 to 8:30pm, films start at 6:30pm
Celebrate the power of activism and adventure with Mountain Area Preservation (MAP) and join us for the 5th Annual Wild & Scenic Film Festival on November 6 from 6 to 8:30pm. This year’s event will be hosted virtually and will include an online auction benefiting MAP’s environmental advocacy work in the Truckee-Tahoe area. The virtual film festival will feature Forever Wild, a film that has not been released on tour and shares the inspiring story of nature and democracy. The festival will showcase 17 award-winning films about adventure, climate change, female empowerment, Native American heritage, and conservation. Buy your tickets today!
This year’s festival will feature a live virtual event on Friday, November 6 at 6pm PST, films start at 6:30pm. The festival will have two film programs, one debuting on 11/6, featuring Forever Wild + three adventure films, and the second program is a Bonus Festival with 13 additional films that will be available after the feature film screening. The 11/6 film program will be available for 24 hours, the bonus festival program will be available for one week, until 11/13.
2020 FILM FESTIVAL TICKET OPTIONS
Four different ticket options are available, ranging from $15-$100. We have partnered with Alibi Truckee and Tahoe Art Haus for some fun festival specials that can be added to your ticket, see descriptions below. Ticket packages that include logo wear, food and drink orders will be contacted by MAP staff for sizing and specifics. **Local food and drink options are for local pickup only in Truckee and Tahoe City**
• General Admission – $15 | Access to the virtual event on Friday, November 6 featuring Forever Wild and three other short films that explore the wonders of adventure in the outdoors. The feature festival includes 90 minutes of film + promotional clips. It will be available to be replayed for 24 hours after it debuts.
• General Admission + Bonus Festival Ticket – $25 | Access to the main festival on 11/6 + 13 films on climate change, female empowerment, Native American heritage, conservation & adventure. Ticket buyers will have access until 11/13 for the bonus festival and 24 hours for the main festival. The feature film festival is 90 minutes + the Bonus film program is 120 minutes.
• Tahoe Activist Ticket – $50 | Access to the virtual film festival on Friday, the bonus festival, a MAP Tahoe Activist t-shirt (toddler, youth or adult shirt options) and new Live A Tahoe Day sticker, supporting MAP’s Save Tahoe campaign. *MAP staff will follow up on shirt sizing via email and will ship t-shirt and sticker via USPS.
• Tahoe Activist Ticket + MAP Membership – $100 | Access to the virtual film festival on Friday, the bonus festival, a MAP Tahoe Activist t-shirt (toddler, youth or adult shirt options), new Live A Tahoe Day sticker, supporting MAP’s Save Tahoe campaign + MAP membership donation of $50. *MAP staff will follow up on shirt sizing via email and will ship t-shirt, sticker and tax deductible donation receipt via USPS.
Upgrade your virtual film festival with local Truckee-Tahoe libations and snacks, Please note these specials are only available for local pickups at Truckee Alibi and Tahoe Art Haus in Tahoe City. If you purchase a festival special MAP staff will be in touch to finalize your order and confirm you will be picking up your order on 11/6 prior to the start of the festival.
• NEW – Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Cups – $12 each | MAP and Wild & Scenic Film Festival stainless steel pint cup. Perfect for your favorite beverage year round and for use during the virtual film festival!
• Alibi Truckee – Beer Lover Package – $50 | Pick your favorite Alibi libation or kombucha for a 64 oz growler fill, plus an Alibi Mustache Pretzel with mustard/cheese and two Wild & Scenic/MAP Klean Kanteen stainless steel cups.
• Tahoe Art Haus – Beer Lover Package – $40 | Pick beer, cider or kombucha for a 32 oz growler fill, plus a big bag of Tahoe Art Haus buttery popcorn and two Wild & Scenic/MAP Klean Kanteen stainless steel cups.