Position: Executive Director
Position Type: Full-Time Exempt
Location: Greater Reno/Lake Tahoe Area-based (partial remote work possible)
TNT/TMA incorporated as a non-profit corporation, is governed by an independent Board of Directors. The Executive Director reports directly to the Board and works collaboratively with the Board and Staff to develop and execute a budget and achieve shared strategic objectives and goals as outlined in the Strategic Plan 2021-2024.
The Executive Director of TNT/TMA is responsible for implementing the vision of the Board of Directors, as articulated in its Strategic Plan. The Executive Director leads the organization by convening the stakeholders and TNT/TMA’s members to achieve the mission of expanding mobility options for visitors, residents and workers to support economic development and livability in and around Truckee and North Lake Tahoe.
The Executive Director will be an effective champion for transit and transportation issues; provide direction for the development and management of transportation demand management (TDM) programs; develop innovative programs and services, and build relationships with new and existing members, local and regional agencies, and elected officials.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Regional Coordination — Assist public and private partners in developing shared objectives and maximizing the potential of the TNT/TMA as the transportation coordinating body for the Truckee North Tahoe area. This includes representing and promoting TNT/TMA and its goals in the business community and fostering partnerships with key public and private stakeholders.
- Strategic Work Plan — Develop organizational work plans to implement the goals of the Strategic Plan 2021-2024.
- Fund Development — Seek and apply for new grant funding; oversee and update membership dues structure; seek alternative sustainable funding sources.
- Budgeting — Work with Board Treasurer to prepare, manage and report on organization financials and program budgets to TNT/TMA Board. Total FY 2021-22 budgets for the TNT-TMA are approximately $500,000 annually.
- Staff Leadership — Effectively hire, lead, manage, and mentor staff.
- Contract Management – Oversee development, implementation and reporting outcomes of transportation service, consulting and program management contracts.
- Marketing Management – Oversee development, implementation, and reporting outcomes of in-market and out-of-market transit and transportation regional marketing campaigns.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
The TNT/TMA Board is seeking a creative, confident and entrepreneurial self-starter.
Successful candidates will have at least 5 years’ experience working in the public/private/non-profit sectors, and possess the following experience/skills:
- The collaborative leadership skills and relationships to work effectively and efficiently with top management in both the public and private sectors, and with elected officials.
- Experience supporting an executive level board and volunteers including the ability to work with and coordinate program committees.
- Experience building and leading teams to develop and implement programs.
- Ability to work independently, with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of transportation demand management (TDM) principles is preferred.
- Program, budget, and staff management experience including managing multiple fund sources and grants.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Success in developing program resources and funding.
- Strong verbal, writing, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Microsoft Office ability (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- High-level understanding of social media strategy and marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Position is at a management level; salary range is $65k – 85k annually, depending on level of experience.
Compensation includes employer stipend to cover medical insurance; paid time off; holidays; possible bonus; tuition reimbursement; flexible work schedule; partial remote work possible.
- Position is open until filled; to be considered applicants must apply by November 19, 2021, by 5:00 pm.
- Please send a one-page cover letter, a resume, and three references to email@example.com.
- Please include “TNT/TMA Executive Director” in the email subject line.
- No phone calls or office visits, please.
- TNT/TMA is an equal opportunity employer.
About the TNT/TMA
Formed in 1991 celebrating its 30th year this year, the TNT/TMA is a dynamic 501 c (3) non-profit membership organization with a mission to advocate and facilitate transportation solutions in the greater Truckee-North Lake Tahoe region. It is a forum for discussion, consensus, advocacy and action in support of transit, pedestrian, biking, and environmentally sound roadway infrastructure designed to enhance mobility and reduce congestion throughout the Truckee-North Lake Tahoe region.
The Truckee-North Lake Tahoe region is unique in its customer base as it serves many different trip purposes including those for overnight visitors (many out-of-state), day visitors from the San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento regions, residents and workers commuting within and outside of the Lake Tahoe Basin. The region also experiences high and shoulder seasons with traffic impacts more substantial during the Summer and Winter.
The TNT/TMA Board recently completed a strategic plan that defines the organization’s important roles in transportation demand management, clarifies its goals, sets priorities, and increases accountability. The Strategic Plan 2021-2024 and Summary document can be found at: www.tnttma.com/strategic-plan-2021-2024.