Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation is a local philanthropic and community-based organization in Truckee, California. Our mission is to connect people and opportunities, generating resources to build a more caring, creative, and effective community.
Our team is seeking a highly motivated professional with extraordinary organizational and communication skills to serve in the newly created role of Development Associate. The Development Associate will be responsible for supporting administrative aspects of development as related to the entirety of the Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation’s work. This position reports to the Chief Philanthropy Officer.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent organizational and project management skills, experience with database management, online research, and events coordination. They can stay organized across all work platforms, possess excellent communication skills, are emotionally intelligent, and can work independently and with teams at all levels. Experience with grant writing is a plus.
- Developing and distributing stakeholder communications
- Conducting preliminary research on prospective foundation, corporate and individual donors.
- Supporting Major Donor Programs
- Supporting events and gatherings
- Maintaining databases
A minimum of 3-5 years work experience and a Bachelor’s level education preferred however all candidates with the right mix of life experience and hard skills will be considered.
TTCF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, send a resume along with a professional statement of values to email@example.com.
Development Associate – Full Time – 40 hrs per week
TTCF’s Development Associate will focus their extraordinary organizational talents in support of TTCF’s fundraising and donor relations efforts across all initiatives. This individual will directly support the TTCF Chief Philanthropy Officer and CEO to ensure the highest level of support for all development efforts. They will help maintain and pull reports from the donor database, assist with agenda and minutes for committee meetings, assist with foundation and prospect research, help coordinate events and work collaboratively to develop stakeholder communications and reporting.
|Position Role||Area of Focus||32-40 Hours Weekly|
|Development Associate||Foundation and Prospect Research||5-10 hours|
|Development Associate||Support for Major Donor Programs||3-5 hours|
|Development Associate||Forest Futures Campaign Specific||5-10 hours|
|Development Associate||Event Coordination and Management||3-7 hours|
|Development Associate||Data Management and Reporting||3-7 hours|
|Development Associate||General Administrative Support||3-5 hours|
Foundation/Corporation and Donor Prospect Research
- Online research to create a robust database of viable private foundations, corporations and individual donors to support TTCF’s three major initiatives – Community Collaborative/Family Strengthening, Housing Solutions and Forest Futures.
- Qualify individual donors for major gifts
Support for Major Donor Programs
- Provide events, communications and general program support for Bay2Mountains, Queen of Hearts and Tahoe 50 groups.
- Take minutes and notes at meetings as requested
- Support development associated meetings by sending calendar reminders, agenda and meeting minutes ensuring timely and smooth communication
- When available, support broader TTCF activities by representing mission in outside meetings, assisting with communications, meeting prep
Data Management and Reporting
Maintain Donor Database
- Ensure all donor information and communications are entered and up to date
- Create custom reports to support donor cultivation and stewardship efforts
- Maintain and update donor lists for Forest Futures Campaign
- Create dashboards and other visual representations of fundraising efforts
- Support grant-writing activities for private, corporate and institutional giving with predominate focus on the Forest Futures Campaign. This includes generating drafts for the team, collecting all supporting materials, submitting within deadlines and setting up funder related meetings.
- Work with consultants as needed to ensure timely drafts and deadlines.
- Track grant deadlines and work with team to meet reporting requirements
- Create invitation lists and maintain all rsvps for donor events
- Serve as primary point of contact for all vendors, partners and guests
- Insure up to date collateral and signage as needed
- Serve as primary liaison with venue staff
- Volunteer management
- Provide event planning and logistical support for TTCF gatherings and events
- Coordinate, train and manage volunteers for events as needed