Tahoe City Downtown Association is now hiring:
Events and Communication Coordinator
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Founded in 2004, the Tahoe City Downtown Association is a nonprofit organization comprised of merchants, property owners, associations, professionals, and community members who share a mission to enhance and promote a vibrant and prosperous downtown center. The TCDA contributes to Tahoe City’s social, economic, and environmental vitality through special events, sustainable programs, partnerships, visitor outreach, and community support. For more information, visit www.visittahoecity.org.
This is a dynamic role involves event coordination, marketing, and administrative support, as well as business and volunteer engagement.
Fit for an outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong organizational and operational skills; a vision and passion for growing the organization; excellent team- building skills; personal initiative and a strong work ethic are expected.
The position is based out of the TCDA Office with the option to create a hybrid work schedule between working in the office and working from home upon approval. Some hours will be out of the office due to the nature of the event work.
- Communication: Effective written and oral communication, including public relations, as well as the ability to write clearly for media publications and the public.
- Interpersonal: Ability to engage, gain respect and cooperation from, and communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external constituents, such as business leaders, individual donors, board members, program participants, staff, and volunteers.
- Organizational: Planning, organization, and follow-through skills are required.
- Problem Solving: A creative approach to problem-solving and project planning. Ability to work independently on a project.
- Support the team in all aspects of event production, including but not limited to logistics, planning, execution, and evaluation. Develop and maintain relationships with event partners, sponsors, vendors, sub-contractors, and volunteers.
- Working with sponsors to secure support for events and programs.
- Manage event volunteers, including recruiting, training, supervising, and inspiring them.
- Inventory and order event and office supplies as needed.
- On-site event management on the day of the event.
- Aid in the creation and implementation of TCDA’s annual marketing timeline.
- Create, schedule, and manage regular external communications to TCDA members, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
- Work with the team to create outreach and marketing materials for events and programs, including posters, programs, banners, print ads, etc.
- Maintain an accurate volunteer and member database.
- Prepare and distribute donor, sponsor, and volunteer correspondence and acknowledgments.
- Be a TCDA Ambassador and promote the organization’s mission among the community.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE EVENTS AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR INCLUDE:
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent. College degree in a related field desired.
- Experience: Two years of experience in event coordination.
- A working knowledge of Google Suite Apps and Microsoft Office programs is required.
- As job duties require, occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Ability to lift supplies up to 30 pounds as needed.
The position will average 20-30 hours per week at $18-20/hour DOE
Candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Tahoe City Downtown Association Executive Director, Kylee Bigelow, at email@example.com.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Resumes and cover letters are due June 4, 2021.