Communication Leader at Sierra State Parks Foundation
The Sierra State Parks Foundation (SSPF) is seeking a highly organized and self-motivated professional to lead the communication efforts of SSPF. SSPF is a fun, mission-driven partner with California State Parks. We are seeking a candidate who enjoys challenges and would be thrilled to work for an organization that is making a positive and lasting impact to the Lake Tahoe-Donner region California State Parks. We anticipate this will be a 10 hour per week position with a starting hourly rate of $20. This is a remote position.
SSPF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit supporting eight California State Parks in the Lake Tahoe-Truckee region. Visit our website at www.SierraStateParks.org. The Sierra State Parks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and welcoming work environment and practices non-discriminatory hiring practices.
Working under the leadership of the Events and Communication Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Organizational Communications to include newsletters, event posters, video production, ad placement, weekly email blasts, and press releases
- Marketing, advertising, and brand management
- Website and social media management
- Implement the communications calendar
- Team player and self-starter
- Computer proficient with experience to be successful
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of Tahoe community
- Leadership skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Good networking skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Associated Press style guide
- Applications accepted until filled with first round of interviews January 24, 2022.
- Send your resume, list of three references and three samples of your communications work to:
Heidi Doyle, Executive Director