Under Red Tier guidelines, the following updates are in place:
- Restaurants are allowed to open indoors with 25 percent capacity or a maximum of 100 people, whichever is fewer.
- Retail establishments are allowed to open indoors at 50 percent capacity.
- Movie theaters are allowed to open indoors with 25 percent capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer.
- Gyms are allowed to open indoors with 10 percent capacity.
- Museums, zoos, and aquariums can open indoor activities at 25 percent capacity.
- Breweries, wineries and distilleries that do not serve meals may open outdoors only with modifications. The modifications include ensuring that patrons have reservations and patrons observe a 90-minute time limit. Service for on-site consumption must end by 8 p.m.
- Bars that do not serve meals remain closed in the Purple (widespread) and Red (substantial) tiers.
- Health care workers in Phase 1A priority groups (Tiers 1-3)
- Aged 65 and older in Phase 1B
- Education, childcare, emergency services and food/agriculture workers (sector details; more information)
- Persons 16-64 with certain high-risk medical conditions
If you do not meet these criteria, please do not attempt to make an appointment. Proof of age is required for age-based groups; proof of eligible sector employment is required for employment-based groups; and proof of living OR working in Placer County is required for all groups. Please also have your appointment date and time on hand when you arrive. Learn more.
- Blueprint for a Safer Economy: Tier Guidance by County
- California’s Tier System by County
- Reopen Placer website reflects where we stand as of today, which is red
- Framework by business type