NTPUD is now hiring:
6-Step Level I Wage Range: $55,868.80 – $71,260.80
6-Step Level II Wage Range: $64,209.60 – $81,910.40
Certification Pay up to an Additional 10%
Excellent Benefit Package
Under immediate supervision (Utility Operations Maintenance Worker I) to general supervision (Utility Operations Maintenance Worker II) performs a variety of semi-skilled and/or skilled tasks in maintenance, operation, repair, replacement, construction, and system(s) improvements work on District wastewater and potable water systems; cuts, fits, lays, repairs, taps, cleans and flushes water and sewer mains and services; and maintains records, files, reports, and prepare work orders relating to inspections and maintenance work.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the operations and services of a potable water distribution and wastewater collection agency, knowledge of the principles and practices of system inspection, preventive maintenance, and methods and techniques to troubleshoot and diagnose system issues. Ability to operate a variety of vehicles, equipment, power, and hand tools including motorized, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment.
• Maintains, inspects, repairs, and operates distribution and collection systems.
• Performs required labor involved in construction and maintenance of projects as part of a crew or as an individual; including pavement cutting, ditch digging, trenching, repairing, installing pipe, water and sewer taps and back filling.
• Required to drive and operate trucks and equipment of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling, and unloading of equipment and construction materials.
• Required to drive and operate a hydro-flushing / excavating truck including hydro-cleaning and CCTV sewer mains and services.
• Expected to work standby duty on a rotational basis after completing twelve-month probationary and training period.
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
Experience, Licenses, and Certifications:
• Level I: One (1) year of experience in construction, repair, and operation and maintenance of water and sewer systems is desirable. Level II: Three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in construction, repair, and operation and maintenance of water and sewer systems, or two (2) years as a District Utility Operations Maintenance Worker I with demonstrated ability and knowledge.
• Required to have possession of, or the ability to obtain within eighteen (18) months from date of hire, a valid Class B, or higher Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a Manual Transmission and Tanker endorsement with a driving record acceptable to the District and the District’s insurance carrier. Level II must be in possession of a valid Class B driver’s license.
• Possession of, or the ability to obtain within (18) eighteen months from date of hire, a California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) Water Distribution Operator Grade 1 (D1) certification. Level II: must be in possession of a valid D1.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity see job description here. To apply please submit a District application, resume, and cover letter to Human Resources, PO Box 139, Tahoe Vista, CA 96148 or Email email@example.com or call Sandra at 530-553-5413 for more information. This position is open until filled.
Apply using ONLINE FORM
Apply using PDF and EMAIL