Current Full-Time, Year-Round Positions Open:
New – 1/25/21
5-Step Salary Range: $121,124.26 – $147,227.28 (FLSA Exempt)
Earnable Performance Pay After Step 5 up to 3%
Under limited direction of the Engineering and Operations Manager, responsible for leading and managing the Engineering Division, plan, supervise, and coordinate professional engineering work for a wide range of complex projects for the District; serve as project manager of the more complex District planning, development and capital engineering projects; direct the work of subordinate and consulting professional and technical engineering staff; responsible for the administration and supervision of the Planning and Engineering Department.
The ideal candidate will have good overall knowledge of public entities, sound business acumen,
strong management skills, strong infrastructure planning background and an understanding of water pumping and distribution and wastewater pumping and collection system, project construction methods, experience with capital improvement planning and strong communication and writing skills.
- Plan, organize, and direct designated activities in the Planning and Engineering Department; manage the design of engineering plans and specifications for the construction of water, wastewater, and Recreation Projects.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise planning and engineering work in connection with District Capital Improvement Program (CIP) projects; coordinate the implementation of capital and operation projects between the Operations Department and the Planning and Engineering Departments.
- Provide leadership and work with staff to ensure a high-performance, customer service-oriented work environment which supports achieving the department’s and the District’s mission, strategic plan, objectives, and values.
- Ensure conformance to plans, specifications, County and State requirements, Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) permits and regulations, the California Environmental Quality Act and all other relevant Local, State and Federal agencies including management of the Memorandum of Understanding between the District and the TRPA.
- Evaluate the work of staff for accuracy, suitability, and completeness, provide technical assistance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in civil engineering or a closely related field; a Master’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, Business Administration, or Public Administration is desirable; and
A minimum of seven (7) years of increasingly responsible professional management in public works and/or engineering experience performing duties at least comparable to a Public Works Division Manager or Senior Engineer and experience as a project manager. Experience in municipal professional public works and or engineering and supervisory experience are desired. Experience with general building design and construction practices, water distribution/treatment and/or wastewater collection/treatment/disposal is desirable. Knowledge of and/or experience with the Tahoe Basin regulatory process is strongly preferred.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity see job description here. To apply please submit a District application, resume and cover letter to Human Resources, PO Box 139, Tahoe Vista, CA 96148 or submit to email@example.com or call Sandra at 530-553-5413. If applying for both engineering positions, please submit only one application package and note which position is most desired. First Review of Applications will be Monday, February 8, 2021. This position is open until filled.
All applicants for employment with the North Tahoe Public Utility District must fill out an application. If you will be sending your application via e-mail, please click here to email and put “NTPUD job applicant” on the subject line or risk that the e-mail will be filtered out by our SPAM filter. Please feel free to contact HR at 530-546-4212 to confirm if your application was received. The North Tahoe Public Utility District is a drug-free workplace.
North Tahoe Public Utility District facilities include the North Tahoe Regional Park, a 108-acre park surrounded by National Forest, including three ballfields, a synthetic surfaced multi-use field, tennis and pickleball courts, disc golf course, Dog Park, the Tahoe Vista Recreation Area, located on the north shore of Lake Tahoe, boat launch, public parking across the street, and the North Tahoe Event Center with approximately 10,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
TO APPLY FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE POSITIONS YOU MUST SUBMIT A DISTRICT APPLICATION – EITHER CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE TO APPLY ONLINE, OR MAIL TO NTPUD, PO BOX 139, TAHOE VISTA, CA 96148, OR FAX TO 530-546-1540 OR CLICK HERE TO EMAIL. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CALL SANDRA AT 530-553-5413. North Tahoe PUD is a drug-free workplace. North Tahoe PUD is an Equal Employment Employer. Benefit Package includes participation in CalPERS pension, paid health coverage for you and your dependents, 12 days paid holiday, 12 days paid sick leave, two weeks vacation (increases with years of service), paid life and long term disability insurance, Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA).