Celebrate Your Love For North Lake Tahoe This February
There is something magical about North Lake Tahoe in the winter, and Valentine’s Day is no exception. Grab your significant other, friends, and family for a day of love, lakeside.
For the Foodies
- Organize a progressive dinner and hop to all your favorite spots. Order a cocktail at Gar Woods, followed by appetizers at Jason’s Beachside Grille, a meal at Soule Domain, and don’t forget dessert! Order one thing at each place to share. Make sure you come hungry.
- Spend the night in and pick up everything you need to make a meal at home. Tahoe Central Market, La Mexicana, and Safeway will have everything you need… including flowers. Recreate a favorite dish or try something new.
- A classic pairing for Valentine’s Day is wine and chocolate. Learn many terrific pairings that can make the chocolate-lover’s palate sing with Wine Tahoe.
- Spice up the night with a Mexican dinner at Caliente! or Las Panchitas. Both offer happy hour specials throughout the week.
- Host a catered dinner party for friends and family with Brimm’s, A Catering Company, and D’Lish Catering.
- Enjoy Breakfast in bed. Whip up something or order from Pep’s Place or Spindleshanks. Don’t forget the coffee!
- Diners can find their cravings from both desktop and mobile with Kynbo. Valentine’s Day reservations are one click away plus menus and photos, navigation to find exact menu items, and ability to leave private feedback.
For the Adventurers
- Get creative and find some friends to help create an entry in the Kings Beach SnowFest! Parade on March 7. Trucks, trailers, art cars, golf carts, and walking units are all welcome!
- Attend Trivia or Bingo Night at Alibi Ale Works, or head to their taproom and play some board games. The more, the merrier.
- Check out the Crystal Bay Casino for live music and shows. With an eclectic ever revolving line-up, there is something for everyone.
- Spend a day on the slopes. Cozy up on a chairlift or at the lodge at Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe. Or head to Northstar California with your S.O. and don’t miss tōst, a free champagne celebration at 2pm off of East Ridge. After, head down to the Village and snuggle up around the fire pits for après and maybe some ice skating and a s’more.
- Cold days, clear skies, and a whisper of wind are perfect conditions for fishing on Lake Tahoe. Mickey’s Big Mack Charters can take you out for the optimal season to fish the many varied species of trout on Lake Tahoe — Mackinaw, Brown, Kokanee, and Rainbow, to name a few.
- Pick up a microphone and sing some karaoke at The Grid Bar & Grill. Every Thursday and Sunday night. Belt out some love ballads… or break up songs.
- Get a tattoo. Solidify your love in ink and head to Lucky 7 Tattoo & Piercing for a Valentine’s Day you will always remember.
For the Outdoor Enthusiasts
Explore the outdoors together and go on a hike. Being outside is known to boost happiness, and being together will make it even better. If you’re a Tahoe Rim Trail Association member, check out their Sunset Sweetheart Trek.
- Rent snowshoes from Lakeshore & Willard’s Sports Shop and go on an adventure or enjoy one of the many full moon snowshoe tours through Tahoe Adventure Company, Sierra State Parks, or Northstar California.
- Get your wetsuit on and enjoy a winter paddleboarding session at Waterman’s Landing. Once you’ve worked up an appetite, head to CB’s Bistro and enjoy live music on Wednesdays.
- Grab a blanket and head to a vista point to watch Lake Tahoe in all its glory with a sunset or sunrise. The night and morning sky in the winter deserves your full attention.
- Create a North Lake Tahoe scavenger hunt. Hide clues along your favorite trails, beaches, and any other sentimental NLT spot, then let the hunt begin!
For the Health & Wellness Gurus
Try a couples workout and head to Tahoe Flow Arts & Fitness because as you know, the couple that yogas together, stays together. On Valentine’s Day, bring a friend to a Yoga – Align & Flow class. Show your admiration through sweat, and get someone you care about moving!
- Sign up for a class or workshop at Tahoe Perfect Workout. Barre, yoga, pilates, and cycling classes will have you performance ready in no time.
- Enjoy a massage or facial and feel pampered at Well Being Massage & Skin Care or North Lake Massage & Skin Care.
For the R&R Experts
- Snuggle up indoors at North Lake Tahoe’s Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort or Ferrari’s Crown Motel Resort.
- Cozy Fire pit anyone? Grab a cocktail and enjoy the ambiance at Soule Domain, Jason’s, or Spindleshanks.
- Check out a book from your local library. The Kings Beach Library can get books from all Placer County Library branches.
For the Art, Symphony & Cinema Enthusiasts
- Create something with North Tahoe Arts classes. Take a workshop together and learn needle felting or how to make pine needle baskets.
- Enjoy a night at the symphony and head to a Tahoe Symphony Concert with TOCCATA.
- Bring the entire family to the North Tahoe Community Center for a Winter Community Movie Night. On Valentine’s Day evening channel your childhood with the classic childhood favorite movie, The NeverEnding Story. Bring take-out, sleeping bags, pillows, chairs, or whatever will make you and your company comfortable.
For the Philanthropists
Attend the 12th annual Black Ties & Tails Gala presented by the Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe. Get tickets to this one-of-a-kind, black-tie optional fundraising gala where guests and their canine companions will be greeted by a Hollywood-style red carpet entry.
- Grab a friend and join Sierra Community House in the annual One Billion Rising International Flash Mob! One Billion Rising is the biggest mass action to end violence against women in human history. Learn the dance or just wing it!