The mission of the North Tahoe Business Association is to improve the economic vitality and quality of life in the communities of North Lake Tahoe including Carnelian Bay, Crystal Bay, Tahoe Vista, and Kings Beach as the commercial core. NTBA achieves its mission through leadership, communications, collaboration, advocacy, special events and marketing. In addition, NTBA assists members with marketing their businesses, acting as an information provider, and giving members an opportunity for voices to be heard. NTBA is working towards building a desirable place to live, work, play, visit, and do business.
- To support businesses through communications, marketing, resources, networking and training.
- To create and market NTBA’s District as a vibrant and unique sense of place.
NTBA’s vision for 2022 is that the NTBA District (Carnelian Bay to Crystal Bay), as a result of NTBA’s work, will been known as a vibrant lakeside community where businesses thrive, visitors are welcome, and diversity and community are cherished.
- A desirable, vibrant and thriving place to live, work, play, visit and do business
- Visually beautiful, clean and appealing
- Welcoming and easy to get around in
- Offering opportunities to unplug / unwind and connect with nature
- Positive, active and authentic place with lots to do and see
- Neighborhoods full of engaged and diverse people
In 2020, NTBA staff and board of directors came together to refresh its strategic plan. The NTBA determined that a shortterm strategic plan refresh was the best approach for the organization given shifting circumstances, including efforts to develop a Tourism Business Improvement District (TBID) and the rapidly evolving context surrounding the COVID 19 pandemic.
Through a collaborative process, the staff and the board worked to define the future direction, purpose, and vision for the organization over the next two years. The group used the 2016-2020 strategic plan as a foundation, while considering past accomplishments, regional economic and planning trends, and exciting opportunities for the future.
To view the full Strategic Plan, click here. For any questions about it, contact Alyssa Reilly at email@example.com