The mission of the North Tahoe Business Association is to improve the economic vitality and quality of life in the communities of North Lake Tahoe including Carnelian Bay, Crystal Bay, Tahoe Vista, and Kings Beach as the commercial core. NTBA achieves its mission through leadership, communications, collaboration, advocacy, special events and marketing. In addition, NTBA assists members with marketing their businesses, acting as an information provider, and giving members an opportunity for voices to be heard. NTBA is working towards building a desirable place to live, work, play, visit, and do business.
- To support businesses through communications, marketing, resources, networking and training.
- To create and market NTBA’s District as a vibrant and unique sense of place.
NTBA’s vision for 2020 is that the NTBA District (Carnelian Bay to Crystal Bay), as a result of NTBA’s work, will been known as:
- A desirable, vibrant and thriving place to live, work, play, visit and do business
- Visually beautiful, clean and appealing
- Welcoming and easy to get around in
- Offering opportunities to unplug / unwind and connect with nature
- Positive, active and authentic place with lots to do and see
- Neighborhoods full of engaged and diverse people
In early 2016, NTBA staff and board of directors came together to define the future direction, purpose and vision for the organization over the next five years. The group looked at past accomplishments, regional economic and planning/development trends, as well as opportunities for the future. The efforts resulted in a collaborative 2020 NTBA Strategic Plan designed to help support a bright future for the NTBA District and NTBA as an organization.