Part-Time Event and Marketing Intern (Kings Beach)
North Tahoe Business Association is seeking a part-time intern for Summer 2020. Applicants should be interested in learning how to plan and produce successful events and are interested in marketing and social media, as well as administrative aspects of a dynamic, non-profit organization. Experience is a plus but not required.
- Available Monday mornings and Friday evenings (June 26-September 4) for a total of 16 hours total per week
- Must be available Wednesday, July 3, 2020 for July 3rd Fireworks
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- High proficiency of Microsoft programs and Google Drive applications
- Marketing and social media experience preferred but not required
- Assist with executing event work plan tasks
- Efficient time manager and ability to meet deadlines and follow through with timelines and work plans
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Applicants must be 21+ years of age
Duties, Responsibilities, and Projects:
- Assist NTBA staff with special event production for Music on the Beach and July 3rd Fireworks in Kings Beach, CA
- Event management, marketing, and social media tasks. Event set up and breakdown, volunteer outreach and volunteer assignment and management, inventory and ordering, and security.
- Non-event work time primarily could be done remotely or at NTBA office.
- Required to lift, bend, carry loads (sometimes up and down stairs), standing for long periods of time, working outside in a four-season environment, and at times can be physically demanding – should intern have physical limitation concerns, please bring to NTBA staff’s attention prior to acceptance of internship
Length of internship – 3 months: June, July and August
http://mail to: firstname.lastname@example.orgThis is a non-paid internship. Training is required and will be provided.
For more information or to apply, please send cover letter and resume to Mirelle Schwalbach by May 13. Only qualified North Lake Tahoe/Truckee applicants should apply.