The Main Street program is a structured collaborative approach to assist a community in improving the economic and visual quality of its downtown commercial core. It focuses on four main points: Organization, Promotion, Economic Restructuring, and Design. The Main Street approach helps property and business owners along with concerned residents work together so our community can realize and experience the benefits of a revitalized and successful downtown. This is a long-term program that strengthens existing businesses and creates opportunities for new ventures to develop. The Main Street Approach has proven itself to be one of the most effective economic development programs in the country.
- Business Revitalization, Retention and Recruitment
- Events, Promotions, and Marketing
- Community Design
- Administrative / Organizational Capacity
In 2004, with the support of Placer County, the NTBA began coordinating community meetings to implement the Main Street Four-Point Approach in their operations. Community leaders, business and property owners, and residents began meeting to develop strategies and workplans to support effective management and redevelopment of North Lake Tahoe in accordance with the community’s vision of the area. The NTBA has been a member of the National Main Street Network since 2004.
- Become an NTBA member; there a several membership levels for businesses starting at $175/year plus individual and non-profit level
- Join a NTBA committee and see the direct correlation between effort and results while meeting new people, improving your community and having fun!
- Attend and/or volunteer for events such as the Community Clean-Up Day, Kings Beach Snowfest Parade, Music on the Beach, and Passport to Dining