Did you know that Project MANA receives approximately 75%, or 100,000 pounds, of total annual donated food during the holiday season? All those donations at once can cause a strain on resources as well as create storage issues. As our community’s mobile food pantry, serving the 1 in 7 community members facing food insecurity in North Lake Tahoe and Truckee, 30% of whom are under the age of 18, Project MANA is asking that you consider hosting a Virtual Food Drive this holiday season.
The Benefits of a Hosting a Virtual Food Drive:
- Just $10 provides 5 meals!
- Create a greater impact by allowing Project MANA to purchase exactly the food needed, precisely when needed.
- Reduce the hard costs and carbon footprint related to transportation, collection boxes, storage, personnel and other operational costs.
- Eliminate the need for participants to remember to bring in their donations as they can donate online, and receive an immediate receipt.
- It’s fun and rewarding! Project MANA will provide customizable informational and promotional tools.