Fall in North Lake Tahoe
Explore & Enjoy Autumn Adventures
Every season in North Lake Tahoe has something to offer and as summer is coming to an end, it’s fall’s time to shine. With cooler weather and bright aspen groves, now is the perfect time to explore North Lake Tahoe and all it has to offer.
- Take a hike to view the fall foliage. Our mountains allow unlimited adventures, and one of the best times to experience the changing autumn colors is in the Fall. To watch the area transform, head outside and enjoy a hike of any difficulty level. Aspen groves around the Lake we recommend are: Mt Rose, Page Meadows, Marlette Lake, and Spooner Lake. Make sure to dress in layers for the cooler weather and bring plenty of water. Tahoe Adventure Company offers a range of guided hikes including fall foliage hikes.
- Play a round of golf. Old Brockway Golf Course plans to stay open through Thanksgiving weekend 2019. Enjoy this historic 9-hole course with 3,400 yards in a beautiful setting made even better by fewer golfers towards the end of the season.
- Explore on your mountain bike. The Tahoe Rim Trail, Tunnel Creek trail in Incline Village, or Northstar California, home to Northern California’s largest bike park are our favorites. Pro tip: Use the Mountain Biking Guide for more routes.
- Test the waters. Did you know that Lake Tahoe is actually at it’s peak temperature in September? Take advantage since there are less crowded beaches and fewer people on the water. Rent a kayak or paddleboard from our local shops: Adrift Tahoe, Tahoe Paddle & Oar, or Waterman’s Landing. Or take to the skies and enjoy a birds eye view of the lake by parasailing with North Tahoe Watersports.
- Climb beautiful settings. The mountains and crags in and around the Lake Tahoe Basin offer a great opportunity for rock climbing for all ability levels as well as a picturesque venue. Group and private courses are offered through Tahoe Adventure Company.
- Go fish! Trout become more active once the water temperatures cool, so fall is the perfect time to enjoy some of the best fishing in the West. Mickey’s Big Mack Charters offers everything you need to fish the many varied species of trout on Lake Tahoe — Mackinaw, Brown, Kokanee and Rainbow, to name a few.
- The Sierra State Parks Foundation presents the 6th annual A Liar’s Cruise: Tall Tales from Tahoe, Saturday, October 5, 2019 from 4-6pm aboard the Tahoe Gal. Enjoy spellbinding stories, a scrumptious feast of never-ending hors d’oeuvres, and bottomless bubbly while we slowly travel along Tahoe’s West Shore.
Taste the Fall Flavors
- North Lake Tahoe Resort Association presents the 34th annual Autumn Food & Wine Festival on September 20–22, 2019 at Northstar California. The 3-day festival showcases experiential dining with interactive events, chef showdowns, wine tasting and mountaintop dining among the pristine natural backdrop of North Lake Tahoe.
- Passport to Dining. Our 15th annual fall social gathering is the not-to-miss event of the season! Enjoy North Tahoe’s most flavorful fundraiser on Thursday, November 7, 2019 from 6–9pm at the North Tahoe Event Center, Kings Beach, CA. We’re bringing together 30 restaurants, caterers, breweries, and wineries for a night of unlimited tastings to excite the palate. Come experience one-of-a-kind flavors from a variety of local and regional vendors while you bid on the extensive silent auction.
- The 31st annual Tahoe Chocolate & Wine Festival takes place November 2, 2019 at the Hyatt Regency Lakeside Ballroom from 6-10pm in Incline Village, NV. Indulge in an evening of delectable chocolate created by Tahoe’s finest culinary artists, and sample boutique wine from acclaimed California wine regions including Napa, Amador, and Paso Robles. Tahoe Chocolate & Wine Festival supports vital Sierra Community House programs in North Lake Tahoe and Truckee, including: Family Strengthening Programs and Services, Crisis Intervention and Advocacy, Hunger Relief Services, Legal Services, and Violence Prevention Education to Local School Children.
- Taste the North Lake Tahoe Ale Trail. Whether you’re a craft beer aficionado or simply looking to wet your whistle after a day of cycling, hiking and paddleboarding, North Lake Tahoe’s Ale Trail offers an array of beloved regional watering holes replete with locally-brewed craft beers.
- Taste and learn about the tequila of the month with a distillery representative the first Thursday of every month at Caliente! Taste the differences between Blanco, Reposado and Anjeo tequilas. Complimentary appetizers are provided with seminar and tequila tasting.
- Dining for Schools cards are back. Purchase a $50 card and enjoy 50% off any individual dinner entrée at over 40 participating restaurants in the Truckee and North Lake Tahoe area. All proceeds benefit the Tahoe Truckee Excellence in Education Foundation.
Monday Night Football. Need we say more? Join Tahoe Biltmore each Monday during the NFL regular season for Happy Hour starting at 3pm including drinks, food, fun atmosphere, and free entry to the $175 prize board. $1 domestic drafts (including 805 drafts on Monday nights only), $2 well drinks, $2 Jäger shots, and $4 Patron shots. Stay for all the SWAG and great food including $0.25 wings.
- Free live music. Now that Music on the Beach has ended, we have been on the hunt for free live music in North Lake Tahoe. Look no further than the Crystal Bay Casino for free shows in the Red Room almost every Friday and Saturday throughout fall. Check out the lineup on our event calendar.
- Enjoy live music every Wednesday at CB’s Bistro in Carnelian Bay, CA. Grab your friends and enjoy some great tunes from a variety of local artists plus 15% off wine by the bottle during music!
Dust off those old dancin’ shoes for Caliente’s resident musicians Renegade Hombres every Friday and Saturday night from 8-11pm.
Our favorite keytar hero, Chris Costa performs Friday and Saturday nights at the Tahoe Biltmore. Happy Hour goes until 7pm and the music starts at 8pm.
Form a team or just drop in Alibi Ale Works to play at little trivia for some awesome prizes! Trivia Tuesday in Incline Village begins at 7pm.