North Tahoe is already feeling the pleasant temps and we’re getting excited for the bright aspen groves, beautiful sunsets, and amazing adventures that come with this time of year. After a busy summer, our towns are starting to wind down of crowds making it the perfect time to explore North Lake Tahoe. The lake is calm for boating and paddling, the trails are open to hike or bike to your favorite peaks to view the changing colors, and the the golf courses are ready for you to sneak in a few more rounds before the snow starts falling!
- Take a hike. Now that the USFS has reopened, we can return to our mountain trails for unlimited adventures. And we all know fall is the best time to experience the changing colors. To watch the area transform, head outside and enjoy a hike of various difficulty levels. Aspen groves around the lake we recommend are: Mt Rose, Page Meadows, Marlette Lake, and Spooner Lake. Make sure to dress in layers for the cooler weather and bring plenty of water. If you’re looking for a guided tour, the Tahoe Adventure Company offers various fall foliage hikes.
- Play a round of golf. Old Brockway Golf Course plans to stay open through Thanksgiving weekend 2022. Enjoy this historic 9-hole course with 3,400 yards in a beautiful setting made even better by fewer golfers on the course towards the end of the season.
- Explore by bike. The Tahoe Rim Trail, Tunnel Creek Trail in Incline Village, or Northstar California, home to Northern California’s largest bike park are our favorites. Pro tip: Use the Mountain Biking Guide for more routes.
- Test the waters. Did you know that Lake Tahoe is actually at its peak temperature in September? Take advantage of it with less crowded beaches and fewer people on the water. Rent a kayak or paddleboard from our local shops: Adrift Tahoe, Tahoe Paddle & Oar, or Waterman’s Landing or take a tour offered through Tahoe Adventure Company.
- Make waves. Take to the skies and enjoy a bird’s eye view of the lake by parasailing with North Tahoe Watersports, share the magic of Lake Tahoe through an individualized custom charter with Tahoe Lake Love or Tahoe Family Adventures, or explore the shore by renting your own Four Winns boat with North Lake Tahoe Boat Rental.
- Climb beautiful settings. The mountains and crags in and around the Lake Tahoe Basin offer a great opportunity for rock climbing for all ability levels as well as a picturesque venue. Group and private courses are offered through Tahoe Adventure Company.
- 32nd Annual Tahoe Chocolate and Wine Festival November 6th from 3 to 6pm. Tahoe Chocolate & Wine Festival takes place in the elegant Lakeside Ballroom at Hyatt Regency – a hotel and casino set among the spectacular backdrop of Incline Village on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe. It is our pleasure to bring our supporters together for an evening of delectable chocolate created by Tahoe’s finest culinary artists, and sample boutique wine from acclaimed California vintners. Guests will have the chance to bid on unique items in live and silent auctions as well as contributing to a special Fund-A-Need, supporting the mission of Sierra Community House. 100% of all proceeds support local programs including family strengthening, legal services, hunger relief, crisis intervention and prevention education to local school children.
- Passport to Dining. Our 16th annual fall social gathering is the not-to-miss event of the season! Enjoy North Tahoe’s most flavorful fundraiser on Thursday, November 10, 2022 from 6–9pm at the North Tahoe Event Center, Kings Beach, CA. We’re bringing together 30 restaurants, caterers, breweries, and wineries for a night of unlimited tastings to excite the palate. Come experience one-of-a-kind flavors from a variety of local and regional vendors while you bid on the extensive silent auction.
- 2nd Annual BARKtoberfest. Join the Pet Network Humane Society on October 7 from 4:30 to 7:30pm for live music, food, games, and raffle. Tahoe’s on Jacked Up will be performing live. A family and pet friendly backyard celebration with beer, food, and games. All proceeds benefit the Pet Network. Adults $35/Kids Free.
- Join The Grid Bar & Grill for some yummy breakfast every Saturday and Sunday! They open early for football — Saturday at 9am and Sunday at 10am. Make sure you arrive early to get the best seat. And don’t forget about their famous (well… Kings Beach famous) Mimosa Carafe special with a full bottle of champagne!
- Dogtoberfest with WARF at Alibi Ale Works Truckee. Sunday October 9 from 2 to 5pm. Bring your furry friends and come join Wylie Animal Rescue Foundation (WARF) at Dogtoberfest! Fun on the patio of Truckee Alibi with live music by Tom Barker, a raffle, and a fantastic silent auction with lots of getaways including The Landing in South Lake, Sunnyside in Homewood, many of the casinos including the Hyatt in Incline and Harrah’s, ski tickets at Mt. Rose and Diamond Peak and more! Snacks’ Snacks Dogs Desserts will also be there to see their delicious homemade dog treats.
Tahoe Truckee Excellence in Education Foundation is excited to bring back Dining for Schools, a popular fundraiser that has been on hold for a few years. Thanks to the generosity of local restaurant partners, the program will kick off again on October 16, with cards on sale now! Buy now here.
At $100 each, your purchase raises funds that allow us to invest in classrooms at TTUSD. Plus, you receive a discount while dining out at several local restaurants! Just as our world has experienced changes, the Dining for Schools program matches its ebbs and flows with slight program modifications.
We hope you continue to enjoy the Dining for Schools program, which directly benefits local youth within Tahoe Truckee Unified School District!
- All Night Happy Hour every Tuesday at Spindleshanks from 5-8pm. $10 appetizers + $1 off well drinks and house wine. If Tuesdays don’t align with your schedule, come see us Wednesdays through Sundays from 5-6pm for the same stellar deals. Check Facebook or call us (530) 546-2191 for upcoming live music dates.
Form a team or just drop in Alibi Ale Works to play at little trivia for some awesome prizes! Trivia with Richie on Tuesdays in Incline Village begins at 6pm. Or visit on Wednesdays in Incline for Bingo with Richie at 6 pm. Visit our Truckee location for a slew of ongoing events: Trivia with Joe Lew on Wednesdays at 6pm, Bluegrass Jam on Sundays at 6pm, Open Stage Mondays twice a month at 7pm.
Clean Up the Lake Movie Screening! at Alibi Ale Works in Incline TONIGHT, October 6, from 5 to 9pm. Jenni & Jesse of Dead Winter Carpenters will be coming to help raise funds for Clean Up The Lake! There is even a sneak peek screening of our documentary “72 MILES”! Doors will open for this event at 5PM for drinks & a silent auction, the film screening at 7pm, followed by a Jenni and Jesse from DWC set immediately after the screening! Get your $20 ticket now before they sell out!
Creekside Charter School Oktoberfest at Truckee Alibi Ale Works. Thursday October 13 from 5:30 to 8pm. Everybody is welcome to celebrate Oktoberfest as a school community to laugh, enjoy each other’s company and just have fun! We will have cool raffle prizes and Alibi will have amazing beers and food for purchase. Hope to see you there!
- Live music. We always on the hunt for live music in North Lake Tahoe. Look no further than the Crystal Bay Casino for live shows almost every Friday and Saturday throughout fall. Upcoming shows include:The Movement, Jackie Green & the Dead Winter Carpenters, Elvin Bishop’s Big Fun Trio, Spafford, Tainted Love and more! Check out the full lineup on their event calendar.
- Did you hear the news? Karaoke at The Grid Bar & Grill is will continue into the fall! Every Thursday and Sunday night 9pm to close.
Meet artist Joanna Drakos at North Tahoe Art Center in Kings Beach on October 14. October guest artist and painter Joanna Drakos will be hanging out at the gallery. Come hang, watch her paint, and ask her any questions about her method or her work. Joanna will have her work on displace and for sale throughout the month of October at our Kings Beach gallery.
Call to Artists! North Tahoe Arts is currently seeking artists for their annual holiday exhibit. This exhibit is themed like a holiday fair, which each artist showing work in a mini section. Applications are due but October 16, 2022.