Executive Director for Tahoe City Downtown Association
The Executive Director is a vibrant, outgoing, professional representative and leader for the Tahoe City Downtown Association (TCDA), its staff, TCDA members, the Board of Directors, and the greater Tahoe City community. Resumes and cover letters are due by Friday, November 16, 2018.
Founded in 2004, the Tahoe City Downtown Association is a nonprofit organization comprised of merchants, property owners, associations, professionals, and community members who share a mission to enhance and promote a vibrant and prosperous downtown center. The TCDA contributes to Tahoe City’s social, economic, and environmental vitality through special events, sustainable programs, partnerships, visitor outreach, and community support.
Tahoe City Downtown Association | VisitTahoeCity.com
The Tahoe City Downtown Association is currently accepting resumes for the full-time Executive Director position. The Executive Director is a vibrant, outgoing, professional representative and leader for the Tahoe City
Downtown Association (TCDA), its staff, TCDA members, the Board of Directors, and the greater Tahoe City community. Following is a general overview of the position of Executive Director for TCDA.
The Executive Director:
- Is a public spokesperson for TCDA and its members
- Works with local partners and government agencies to provide services to the community
- Produces events that benefit the community, serves locals, draws visitors, and increases revenue for the operations of the TCDA including the Tahoe City Food & Wine Classic, Oktoberfest, Concerts at Commons Beach & 4th of July Fireworks, to name a few
- Is an advocate for projects and issues identified by the TCDA Board of Directors
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Tahoe City Downtown Association and is the primary contact with the community. The Executive Director develops and implements
programs and strategies, approved by the Board of Directors, to meet established goals.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and works closely with the Board, its standing committees and TCDA staff (and contractors) to ensure that the mission and vision are clearly defined and followed, that the organization remains fiscally sound, and maintains the highest ethical standards.
The Executive Director should exhibit exemplary characteristics in the following areas:
- Exceptional leadership and the ability to motivate self and others
- Excellent communication skills with an aptitude for conflict resolution
- Planning, organizational and follow-through skills are required
- Creativity in problem solving and project planning
- Exceptional time management, and ability to prioritize projects and daily tasks
- Willingness to work flexible hours and/or evenings including weekends and an ability to actively and visibly represent the organization in a broad range of venues within the community.
- An ability to multitask, juggling multiple projects at the same time, while providing leadership, consistency, and a commitment to TCDA’s goals
- Serve as the TCDA’s key representative to property owners, business owners, community members and other partners
- Develop and maintain relationships with private and public funding sources, community organizations, community members, partners, County agencies, elected officials and the media
- Oversee TCDA special events and programs
- Participate in regional planning activities and committees as needed
- Maintain positive and cooperative relationships with community leaders
- Develop and maintain positive and mutually beneficial long-term relationships with TCDA members, partners and sponsors
Board of Directors
- Work with the Board leadership and committees to facilitate accomplishments of the organization while supporting effective board communication and operations
- Work with Board to develop and implement the strategic plan
- Provide Board with information needed to be active in forwarding the mission of the organization
- Serve as primary liaison between Board and District partners
- Report to and carry out the vision of the TCDA under the direction of the Board
Staff, Member and Event Management
- Oversee overall management of the organization
- Work with Operations Director to effectively manage all contracts and services delivered by TCDA
- Execution of strategic plan set by Board of Directors
- Work with Membership Committee to recruit new members and retaining current membership
- Lead sponsorship sales and fundraising efforts for TCDA signature events
Finance and Fundraising
- Work with the Finance Committee to prepare the annual budget, and monitor expenses
- Work with the Board and Placer County to develop and implement an annual contract for services
- Sustain and maintain fundraising, including monitoring, reporting and management of grants, and the identification and pursuit of other resource development opportunities.
- Will solicit and increase levels for sponsorships and grants
- Will work to increase revenues for all TCDA events
- Work with the Board to develop Economic Vitality projects in Tahoe City
- Work with partner organizations to strengthen organizational capacity (i.e. Placer County, Tahoe City Public Utility District, North Lake Tahoe Resort Association, North Tahoe Business Association, West Shore Association, Tahoe Public Art)
- A degree in nonprofit, public/business administration, community development, communications or related field preferred; or equivalent experience
- Excellent ability in written and oral communications, including public speaking skills
- Experience working with a Board of Directors preferred
- Working knowledge of fiscal management and budgeting
- Experience in managing grants and contracts preferred
- Experience in event coordination & planning
- Knowledge of North Lake Tahoe agencies and various partner organizations preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel and social media platforms
Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible management experience in a community-based organization of similar scope and size.
$50,000 to $55,000 annual, based on experience, plus benefits
Interested applicants should send a resume, a cover letter and at least three professional references to the Tahoe City Downtown Association by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Resumes and cover letters are due by Friday, Nov. 16, 2018.
- Candidates will be contacted by the end of November if the Hiring Committee wants to set up an interview. Interviews will be conducted the first week in December.
About the Tahoe City Downtown Association:
Founded in 2004, the Tahoe City Downtown Association is a nonprofit organization comprised of merchants, property owners, associations, professionals, and community members who share a mission to enhance and promote a vibrant and prosperous downtown center. The TCDA contributes to Tahoe City’s social, economic, and environmental vitality through special events, sustainable programs, partnerships, visitor outreach, and
community support. For more information, visit www.visittahoecity.org.