Full Moon Snowshoe Tours with Tahoe Adventure Company (times vary)
Looking for a great way to enhance your trip to Lake Tahoe this winter? Join Tahoe Adventure Company for one of our very special Full Moon Snowshoe Treks. Take in the brisk mountain air as you snowshoe under the moon and learn about the High Sierra.
After meeting the group and previewing the trip, time will be spent fitting gear and a comprehensive lesson will be covered. You will trek on our easy to use snowshoes through Tahoe’s peaceful, wintry forest. As we travel by moonlight, our knowledgeable guides will discuss natural history and astronomy topics as well as fascinating facts about our moon. We will also stop along the way to take in the beautiful views and enjoy snacks and hot drinks. This tour is popular with all ability levels and ages(8+)!
There is a 4 person minimum to run the tour. Single travelers are welcome, call or email us to see if there is a group you can join.
All snowshoe tours are dependent on snow conditions. If the snow level is too low, the tour will proceed as a Full Moon Hike.
2022-23 Winter Dates:
- Tuesday, November 8th ~ Full Beaver Moon ~ 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Tuesday, December 6th ~ Night Before Full Cold Moon ~ 3:30pm-6:30pm
- Wednesday, December 7th ~ Full Cold Moon ~ 3:30pm-6:30pm
- Friday, January 6th ~ Full Wolf Moon ~ 3:30pm-6:30pm
- Saturday, January 7th ~ Night After Full Wolf Moon ~ 3:30pm-6:30pm
- Saturday, February 4th ~ Night Before Full Snow Moon ~ 4:30pm-7:30pm
- Sunday, February 5th ~ Full Snow Moon ~ 4:30pm-7:30pm
- Monday, March 6th ~ Night Before Full Worm Moon ~ 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Tuesday, March 7th ~ Full Worm Moon ~ 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Tuesday, April 4th ~ Night Before Full Pink Moon ~ 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday, April 5th ~ Full Pink Moon ~ 6:30pm-9:30pm
Typical Distance and Time: 2-3 miles. Varies.
Level of Difficulty: Easy – Moderate.
Location: North Lake Tahoe/Truckee. Based on conditions.
Cost: $85.00 per person, 1 person minimum.