Full Moon Kayak Tours with Tahoe Adventure Company (times vary)
Float in a kayak on the clear blue water while the sun sets the sky on fire, the full moon rises, and the stars twinkle! The water will be calm and quiet as the wind dies down and other boats button up for the night. Increase your knowledge of astronomy with jaw dropping views of Lake Tahoe illuminated by the light of the full moon. We paddle for about two hours before landing on the beach to cap it all off with hot drinks, snacks, and more stargazing on the beach.
When the moon isn’t Full, Sunset and Astronomy paddles are still offered with a focus on viewing the stars and constellations.
Trips include kayak, paddle, life jacket, knowledgeable guides, instruction, natural and human history, astronomy discussions, permit fees. Some personal clothing required.
Not Included: Guide gratuities.
2022 Summer Dates:
- Saturday, May 14 ~ Night Before the Full Flower Moon ~ 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Sunday, May 15 ~ Full Flower Moon ~ 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Monday June 13 ~ Night Before Full Strawberry Moon ~ 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Tuesday June 14 ~ Full Strawberry Moon ~ 7:00pm-10:00pm
- Tuesday July 12 ~ Night Before Full Buck Moon ~ 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Wednesday July 13 ~ Full Buck Moon ~ 7:00pm-10:00pm
- Thursday August 11 ~ Full Sturgeon Moon ~ 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Friday, August 12 ~ Night After Full Sturgeon Moon ~ 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Friday, September 9 ~ Night Before Full Harvest Moon ~ 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday, September 10 ~ Full Harvest Moon ~ 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday, October 8 ~ Night Before Full Hunter’s Moon ~ 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Sunday, October 9 ~ Full Hunter’s Moon ~ 5:00pm-8:00pm
Single travelers are welcome to join existing groups!
Typical Distance and Time: 1-4 miles. Times vary, 3 hours.
Level of Difficulty: Easy – Moderate
Location: Tahoe Vista Recreation Area
Cost: $75 per person, 1 person minimum