Curbside Service at Kings Beach Library
Hours for Curbside Service and Returns:
Curbside Hold Pickup Service: Thursday – Friday 10AM–1PM
Returns: Tuesday – Thursday 10AM–3PM; Friday 9AM–1PM
How does Curbside work?
1. Place a hold using the Library catalog.
2. Wait to be notified via email or text that your holds are ready.
3. Hold pickup times are as follows:
• Kings Beach Library: Thursdays & Fridays, 10AM–1PM
• Tahoe City Library: Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 10AM–1PM
4. Once at the Library –
• For Curbside Service: Park in one of two designated parking stalls. Have your library card number ready and call the phone number on the sign. Staff will check your holds out to your account while on the phone. If all designated curbside pickup stalls are occupied, wait in your car for the next available spot; library staff will be on hand to assist if needed.
• For Walk-Up Service: Have your library card ready and approach the designated table for walk-up service at either library. You can wait for assistance from a staff member or call the phone number on the sign. Staff will check your holds out to your account and bring your items and set them on the table for you to retrieve. If multiple people are waiting please maintain 6 feet of physical distance from all other library customers.
5. Our first priority is to protect the health and well-being of staff and customers. To maintain physical distance, staff will place your bagged items in your trunk or on the passenger seat of your car. Items for walk-up customers will be placed on the table; staff will not hand items to you.
How do I return materials?
Starting Tuesday, July 7, returns will be accepted at both the Tahoe City and Kings Beach Libraries, Tuesday-Thursday, 10AM–3PM and on Friday from 9AM–1PM.
Regular book drops will remain locked. One bin will be placed in front of the library and clearly labeled “LIBRARY RETURNS.” Drop any of your Placer County Library items in for return. These bins will be monitored by staff from within the facility.
Our first priority is to protect the health and well-being of our staff and customers. Once you return your library materials, they will be placed in quarantine for 96 hours before they are returned into circulation. Items you return will remain on your account at this time; no late fees will be assessed.
For more information about our Curbside Service, click here.
WiFi available outside out building 7 days week. Visitors are welcome to use outside picnic tables and connect to free WiFi.