Whether you ski, snowboard, snowshoe or snowmobile, or just want to soak up winter from indoors, one thing we all have in common is we love the snow… that is what makes North Lake Tahoe in the wintertime so magical.
Whatever brings you to North Lake Tahoe in the winter, it is important to #TOUCHLAKETAHOE
By “Touch Lake Tahoe” we mean get up close and experience “big blue,” not from the peaks and ski runs that you ski and snowboard on, but from right along the edge of one of North America’s largest Alpine lakes. Lake Tahoe is a natural wonder and a national treasure, and your winter experience is not complete without literally touching Lake Tahoe.
Below are a few suggestions of things to do this winter, lakeside at North Lake Tahoe
- Take in the beauty and splendor of North Lake Tahoe covered in a glistening white blanket of snow at Kings Beach State Recreation Area.
- Browse and shop local in many quaint retailers.
- Take a walk along Lake Tahoe’s shoreline – Kings Beach is one of the best places for access and to do this!
- Use the shores of North Lake Tahoe and the snowcapped peaks as a backdrop for a photo or selfie. #touchlaketahoe
- Make a snowman and snow angels, or have a snowball fight along the shores of Lake Tahoe.
- Grab a bite and a cocktail in cozy restaurants and hip bars. We have over 30 options!
- Play at the North Tahoe Regional Park where you can sled, snowmobile, or be challenged by the Tree Top Adventure Park.
- Bundle up and be captivated and inspired by a spectacular sunset.
- Try your luck at gambling or take in live music in Crystal Bay, Nevada. Check out the Tahoe Biltmore and Crystal Bay Casino.
- Stay in charming lakeshore lodging accommodations and curl up with your favorite book while you gaze through the window at the lake and the vistas. Cedar Glen Lodge, The Crown Resort, Firelite Lodge, Franciscan Lakeside Lodge, Hostel Tahoe, Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort, Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Rustic Cottage Resorts, Tahoe Biltmore, Tahoe Vistana Inn, Ta-Tel Lodge, and others.
- Discover lakeside secrets and take advantage of discount coupons here.
- For information on all North Shore events check out our event calendar.
Touch Lake Tahoe. You haven’t experienced it until you do!