Event volunteers take on specific tasks during events and work a minimum of a 3 hour shifts at each event. All NTBA-produced events create a fun, vibrancy to draw locals and visitors to North Lake Tahoe. Volunteers are needed for the following events:
- Kings Beach SnowFest Parade – Second Saturday in March- 10am-1pm
- Clean Up Day – First Saturday in June – shifts starting at 8am
- July 3 Fireworks and Beach Party – July 3 – various shifts throughout the day
- Music on the Beach – Friday evenings in June, July and August – 5-9pm
- Passport to Dining – First Thursday in November – various shifts throughout the day
- Holiday Tree Lighting – First Friday in December – 4-8pm
To see more event details, please go to the NTBA event calendar.
Committee members are expected to attend monthly meetings and take on tasks outside of meetings. Committee members can expect to commit a minimum of 18-24 hours over the course of 6-12 months depending on the committee.
Economic Vitality Committee
- Advocate programs for business sustainability, expansion, and recruitment in order to build district commercial assets and vitality
- Communications: serve business community as an information provider or conduit on various issues that results in economic and quality of life benefits in the District
- Support business members via offerings that strengthen their skills and connections to each other
- Increase Business Retention and Attraction of Businesses to the Bay to Bay District
- Serve local business community throughout KBCCIP construction phase
Meeting Schedule: Meets monthly on the first Monday of the month – 4:00-5:00pm at the NTBA Office
Promotions & Marketing Committee
- To attract visitors and locals to the district improving economic vitality and quality of life
- Communications: Build awareness of NTBA-produced events, promote in-market unique attributes of Tahoe Bay to Bay district and publicize critical issues impacting the economic and social well-being of the district and the work of NTBA.
- Events: Use strategic event line-up to create a fun, vibrant sense of place and draw locals and visitors to the district.
- Promotions/Marketing: Partner with other agencies to build awareness of, and draw visitors to the district
Meeting Schedule: Meets monthly on the second Wednesday of the month – 5:00-6:30pm at the NTBA Office
Community Design Committee
Purpose: Provide input on design features, community character topics to improve attractiveness of the district.
- Implement a public art program in order to establish a strong sense of place in the district
- Improve the aesthetic appeal of North Lake Tahoe through beautification efforts and/or projects or programs that enhance social well being
Meeting Schedule: Meets monthly on the second Thursday of the month – 7:30-9:00am at the NTBA Office
Event Committee meeting schedules vary; usually meeting in the evening 4-6 times prior to event. Event Committee members are ideally expected to work the day of the event.
Purpose: Planning and Producing Events
- Music on the Beach
- Passport to Dining
All committee meeting dates, times and locations are subject to change. Please check the Calendar of Events to confirm.