Community and business members are needed to assist with fulfilling NTBA’s mission and executing the wide variety and quantity of services NTBA provides to members and the community as a whole. NTBA and the Main Street Approach relies on community involvement. NTBA needs volunteers to serve on Main Street and Event Committees and assist with 14 annual events. In order for NTBA to improve economic vitality and quality of life in the Bay to Bay District, volunteer involvement is vital.
Volunteer on a Main Street or Event Committee
Committee members are expected to attend meetings and take on tasks outside of meetings and event committee members are also ideally are expected to work the day of the event. Committee members can expect to commit a minimum of 18-24 hours over the course of 6-12 months depending on the committee.
ECONOMIC VITALITY COMMITTEE
- Plan and implement programs for business retention, expansion, recruitment in order to build district commercial assets and vitality
- Communications: serve business community as an information provider or conduit on various issues that results in economic and quality of life benefits in the District
- Support business members via offerings that strengthen their skills and connections to each other
- Increase Business Retention and Attraction of Businesses to the Bay to Bay District
- Serve local business community throughout KBCCIP construction phase
Committee Chair: John Bergmann
Meeting Schedule*: Meets monthly on second Tuesday of the month at 5:30 pm at the North Tahoe Event Center.
PROMOTIONS & MARKETING COMMITTEE
- To attract visitors and locals to Tahoe Bay to Bay district improving economic vitality and quality of life
- Communications: Build awareness of NTBA-produced events, promote in-market unique attributes of Tahoe Bay to Bay district and publicize critical issues impacting the economic and social well-being of the district and the work of NTBA.
- Events: Use strategic event line-up to create a fun, vibrant sense of place and draw locals and visitors to the district.
- Promotions/Marketing: Partner with other agencies to build awareness of, and draw visitors to the district.
Committee Chair: TBD
Meeting Schedule*: TBD
COMMUNITY DESIGN COMMITTEE
- Provide input on design features, community character topics to improve attractiveness of the district.
- Implement a public art program in order to demonstrate the strong sense of place in the district
- Improve the aesthetic appeal of the district through beautification efforts and/or projects or programs that enhance social well being
Committee Chair: Steve Miller
Meeting Schedule*: Meets monthly on the third Tuesday of month at 7:30 am at North Tahoe Event Center.
JULY 3 FIREWORKS & BEACH PARTY EVENT COMMITTEE
MUSIC ON THE BEACH EVENT COMMITTEE
PASSPORT TO DINING EVENT COMMITTEE
Event Committee meeting schedule varies; usually meets in the evening 4-6 times prior to event.
*All committee meeting dates, times and locations are subject to change. Please check the Calendar of Events to confirm.
To join a committee, contact the North Tahoe Business Association.
Volunteer at an Event
Event volunteers are expected to take on specific task(s) on the day/night of the event and work a minimum of 2-3 hour shift each event that they sign up for.
- Kings Beach SnowFest Parade - Second Saturday in March- volunteers needed 10 am to 1 pm
- Clean Up Day - First Saturday in June - volunteers needed beginning at 8 am
- July 3 Fireworks Celebration and Beach Party - July 3 - volunteers needed all day
- Music on the Beach - Friday evenings in July and August - volunteers needed 5 pm to 9 pm
- Passport to Dining - First Thursday in October - volunteers needed all day
- Holiday Tree Lighting – First Friday in December – volunteers needed 5 pm to 9 pm
To see more event details, please go to the NTBA event calendar.
To volunteer for the day/night of an event, contact the North Tahoe Business Association or visit our listing on Volunteer Match or VolunteerSpot by clicking on the link!
Volunteer for Other North Tahoe – Truckee Non-Profit Organizations
Friends of Kings Beach Library