The North Tahoe Business Association (NTBA) was founded in 1979 by business and community leaders responding to a need to represent the local business community and promote the North Shore as a vibrant community. The NTBA serves the communities of North Lake Tahoe including Carnelian Bay, Crystal Bay, Tahoe Vista, and Kings Beach as the commercial core.
In 2004, NTBA partnered with Placer County to help implement the Main Street program. The Main Street Four Point Approach helps property and business owners, along with concerned citizens, work together to determine their future. This is a long-term program that helps strengthen existing businesses and creates opportunities for new ventures to develop. The Main Street program has proven itself to be one of the most effective economic development programs in the country. The NTBA strives to provide leadership and facilitate redevelopment efforts to create a healthy balance of commerce, employment, entertainment and livability while preserving the unique beach town atmosphere of North Lake Tahoe.
For more info about NTBA, click here.
The mission of the North Tahoe Business Association is to improve the economic vitality and quality of life in the communities of North Lake Tahoe including Carnelian Bay, Tahoe Vista, Kings Beach and Crystal Bay.
- To support businesses through communications, marketing, resources, networking and training.
- To create and market NTBA’s District as a vibrant and unique sense of place.
- Kings Beach Snowfest Parade, annually the first or second Saturday in March
- Community Clean Up Day, annually the first Saturday in June
- Music on the Beach, annually on Fridays evenings starting mid-June through Labor Day weekend
- July 3rd Fireworks & Beach Party, annually the day before Independence Day
- Passport to Dining, annually the second Thursday in November
- Holiday Tree Lighting, annually the first Friday in December