Summer recreational activities in North Lake Tahoe are plentiful, but sometimes it’s hard to find an activity for the whole family. That’s why we have provided you with a list of activities any family can enjoy in North Lake Tahoe during the summer months.
- Hike to Lookout Point for spectacular Lake Tahoe views (take Reservoir Drive to second right at Lakeview Avenue, stay left at the Y on Lakeview. Continue .6 miles to the fire road entrance on the left)
- Hike the Flume Trail
- Drive along the east shore of Lake Tahoe and stop to walk among the iconic east shore boulders
- Visit the Lake Tahoe Overlook on Mount Rose Hwy 431
- Picnic, fish, kayak, paddleboard, boat, relax and explore Sand Harbor State Park
- Hang out at the beach at Sandy Beach, Moondunes Beach, Tahoe Vista, and others and enjoy the shallow, sandy access into the lake – great for families!
- Visit the North Tahoe Regional Park where you can play disc golf, hike, picnic, play tennis or baseball
- Stroll through and patronize beautiful Perrenial Nursery
- Play at the Ropes Course at the North Tahoe Regional Park.
- Head to Cable Car Ice Cream to cool down.
- Enjoy the smooth rock beach at Patton Landing – dogs are welcome here.
- Stroll to and relax on the flat and sandy Carnelian Bay Beach and watch beautiful wooden boats come in and out of Sierra Boat Company
- Rent a paddle board or kayak or outrigger canoe at Watermans Landing and enjoy Lake Tahoe from a different perspective
- Mini-golf and walk to CB’s Pizza & Grill to enjoy mouth-watering sandwiches, burgers, pastas pizzas and more…All served in a fun, family-friendly, casual environment.
- Spend the day relaxing or participating in watersports at the Kings Beach State Recreation Area
- Bring your beach chairs, blankets and dancing feet to Music on the Beach free concert series Friday evenings in the summer (June 30-September 1, excluding August 11)
- Have lunch or dinner and Play Bocce Ball at Spindleshanks
- Rent a stand up paddle board or a kayak at Tahoe Paddle & Oar or Adrift Tahoe and explore the lake
- 21 yummy restaurants to choose from including authentic Mexican food at La Mexicana, Las Panchitas and Caliente!
- Enjoy July 3rd Fireworks & Beach Party which will be on Monday, July 3 from 4-10pm at Kings Beach State Recreation Area and North Tahoe Event Center
- Purchase lunch at Tahoe Central Market and enjoy it at the numerous picnic tables at Kings Beach state Recreation Area.
- Take family and friends mini-golfing at historic Kings Beach Miniature Golf
- Shop in 17 unique retailers for Tahoe-style treasures and finds
- Participate in or spectate at the Ta-Hoe Nalu Paddleboard Festival