Contractors Association of Truckee Tahoe
CATT, the Contractors Association of Truckee Tahoe, is a 501(c)6 non-profit, regional trade association based in Truckee, CA. CATT is accepting applications for a fulltime Executive Director. This is a salaried exempt position. Salary range is $60,000-$70,000 DOE. Benefits include but are not limited to paid vacation and holidays plus a monthly health stipend. The Executive Director reports directly to the President. Essential duties include: oversee all day to day operations with the support of staff at the Truckee office;
supervise and provide leadership for administrative, bookkeeping, marketing, event, and membership staff; support and implement decisions of the Board of Directors; provide Board governance and committee leadership training; implement a workforce development program; represent CATT at community functions; and prepare the Annual Budget and Member Elections Ballot. The Executive Director also serves as Administrator for CATT’s sponsored 501(c)3 charity, C.A.T.T. Community Project. CATT was founded in June 1998 and will be celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2018. CATT currently has 377 member companies covering the broad spectrum of the building industry, related trades, and professions. CATT hosts a variety of activities and provides benefits and services to meet member needs. CATT is member-centric. The committees and volunteer leaders make decisions and professional staff implement those decisions. The Mission of the Association is “To promote a positive business environment for the building and housing industry and enhance opportunities for its members and the community.” The Executive Director will work with CATT’s dedicated staff and passionate volunteers to translate CATT’s Mission and goals into action benefitting the building industry. The Executive Director will clearly understand the need for the Association and encourage continuous improvement in the delivery of benefits and services.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include the following:
Board and Committee Leadership
- Prepare all documents for the monthly Board and Executive Committee meetings and attend those meetings
- Assist the Nominating Committee with identification of potential candidates for the annual Board election and promote succession planning
- Prepare the ballot with candidate statements for the annual Board election
- Advise the Executive Committee on disciplinary action when a complaint has been filed against a member
- Organize the Annual Meeting with presentation of Annual Goals
- Participate in the development and implementation of the five year Strategic Plan 2
- Provide on-demand leadership training or find training/educational opportunities for new Board members and committee leaders
- Assist/motivate volunteer leaders for success with organizational planning and problem solving
- Update the annual MOU between CATT and CATT’s two sponsored organizations
- Attend other building association events
- Direct human resources activities, including the hiring of personnel and independent contractors, scheduling staff, reviewing payroll, and evaluating and rewarding performance
- Hold weekly office meetings to review calendars, tasks, and deadlines and help with problem solving
- Schedule an annual update to the Employee Handbook
- Conduct Safety Training and minimize hazards
- Identify specialized training/education for staff
- Participate in the Speaker Committee for Good Morning Truckee
- Attend the monthly breakfast meetings of both Good Morning Truckee and the Tuesday Morning Breakfast Club (Tahoe City)
- Accept speaking engagements to provide an update on CATT activities and the local construction industry
- Attend other community functions as needed (i.e. Chamber Awards dinner)
- Be responsible for all aspects of the Annual Awards Competition
- Serve as the spokesperson and analyst for the concept of a Truckee Community building (a shared nonprofit office space)
- Oversee the “Job to Bid” job referral program and followup contact
- Create a “Workforce Development” program as a new member benefit
- Work with the bookkeeper to scrutinize monthly and Budget-related financial reports for accuracy
- Review all deposits (checks, cash, and credit cards)
- Approve all credit card charges
- Authorize expenditures in accordance with the approved Budget and prepare Budget overage requests for the President’s approval
- Coordinate staff work to produce the annual operating Budget and Budget notes for Budget Committee and Board consideration
- Compile federal and state tax-related information for CATT’s CPA, including information for CATT’s Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT) return
- File the CA Attorney General raffle registration and report annually
- Draft Bylaw Amendments as needed
- Amend the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) and Office Operations manuals as needed
- Raise governance issues to the Board as required by law or best practice
- File the CA Secretary of State “Statement of Information” every other year 3
- Proof website pages and other communication pieces as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors or President NOTE: This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
The perfect candidate will possess strong communication and customer service skills, organizational and priority-setting skills, and the ability to remain calm and lead in a busy organizational setting. The ED will look for efficiencies in operation. The ED should be politically savvy with knowledge of the building industry and Truckee Tahoe community. The ED must be sensitive to and have experience with volunteers. The ED should be an effective team-player and relationship builder. The ED will measure progress on goals and adjust when needed. The ED should be a creative thinker and open to innovation.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Telephone, networked laptop and desktop computers, calculator, copy/scan/fax machine, shredder, postage meter, remote check deposit scanner. Computer programs include: Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Reader, and CMS (Content Management System) for the website. MemberClicks is the newly purchased membership management software and will be fully installed by December 31, 2017.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in an office environment where bending and stooping may be needed as well as lifting up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment will vary as the ED performs the essential functions of this job. Most administrative activities will occur at the Truckee office but many events are held offsite or in an outdoor setting. The noise level of the work environment will vary, depending on activity and location.
Three to five years equivalent experience with a similar non-profit organization is desired. A certification in association management or a four year degree in a relevant field (i.e. Non-Profit Management, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration) is a plus.
Salary range is $60,000-$70,000 DOE. Benefits include paid vacation, bereavement and jury days; ten (10) paid holidays; and a monthly health insurance stipend. Mileage reimbursement is paid at the standard IRS rate. A monetary allowance for Professional Education is included in the Annual Budget.
Deadline to apply is Tuesday, October 31, 2017. Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email to CATT Executive Director Pat Davison firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated start date: January 1, 2018.