At JK Architecture Engineering we believe that lifestyle and great design go hand-in-hand. Our offices are in Auburn, CA (Endurance Capital of the World), and Tahoe City, CA (Lake Tahoe…need we say more!), and now a new RENO office. You will be joining an award- winning architectural/engineering design team. We are community-oriented, and family focused. If you are looking to join a great firm, work with a staff that is energetic and motivated, and seek excellent benefits, JKAE is the place for you. If you meet the position requirements listed below, we would be excited to review your qualifications.
An immediate full time position is open for a Civil Engineer. This position currently resides in our Tahoe City office, but could be based in our new RENO office, or Auburn office for the right individual. Candidates must be experienced in Land Development.Our practice is very complicated in this highly regulated delicate environment that we work in.Environmental concerns affect all projects in this Alpine setting. The work is a varied and interesting mix of commercial sites, ski area projects, small and large subdivisions, public recreation facilities, and public infrastructure projects. The technical skills needed relate to hydrology, grading, water quality treatment, revegetation, water and sewer design, water supply systems, agency processing and permitting, and Environmental Document preparation. The best candidate wouild be very nimble and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Provides civil engineering services for varying levels of projects.
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously with minimal oversight.
- Coordination with clients, governing agencies, and contractors.
- Conduct site and agency visits to ensure project timelines are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required
- 4-8 years civil engineering experience
- Professional Engineering (PE) licensure in California and Nevada preferred
- CAD and Civil 3D skills preferred
- SWPPP Preparation preferred
- QSD/QSP Certification a plus
- Adapt to changing situations on a frequent basis
- Project Management skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Precise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, agencies, and contractors is required
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTAL
Please submit in PDF format only the following:
- One-page cover letter briefly describing your relevant experience and interests
- Please email the above items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JK Architecture Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. Competitive compensation based on experience. Full benefits package offered to full time employees.