Part-Time Event and Marketing Intern (Kings Beach)
North Tahoe Business Association seeks part-time internship. Applicants should be interested in learning how to plan and produce successful events and are interested in marketing and social media, as well as administrative aspects of a dynamic, non-profit organization. Experience is a plus but not required.
- Available Friday evenings June 29-August 31 (excluding August 10)
- Must be available Monday July 3rd for Fireworks and Beach Party.
- High Level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High proficiency of Microsoft programs and Google Drive applications.
- Marketing and Social Media Experience preferred but not required.
- Assist with executing event work plan tasks
- Efficient time manager and ability to meet deadlines and follow through with timelines and work plans.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- 21 and older is a plus, but not required.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Projects:
- Assist NTBA staff with special event production for Music on the Beach and July 3rd Fireworks in Kings Beach, CA
- Event management, marketing, and social media tasks. Event set up and breakdown, volunteer outreach and volunteer assignment and management, inventory and ordering, and security.
- Non-event work time primarily could be done remotely or at NTBA office.
- Required to lift, bend, carry loads (sometimes up and down stairs), standing for long periods of time, working outside in a four-season environment, and at times can be physically demanding – should intern have physical limitation concerns, please bring to NTBA staff’s attention prior to acceptance of internship.
Training is required and will be provided
Up to 20 hours per week
This is a non-paid internship
Length of internship – 4 months: May, June, July, and August
If applicant is interested in a year-round internship, this can be offered and would include the following NTBA fundraiser events: Passport to Dining (November); Kings Beach Snowfest Parade (March); Community Clean Up Day (June); Small Business Seminars; NTBA Open House.
Please send cover letter and resume to Ashley White by May 1. Only qualified North Lake Tahoe/Truckee applicants should apply.